Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

P0001 Fuel Volume Regulator Control Circuit/Open 2 years 3 weeks ago #198590

On several occasions since I bought my 2010 MG TF (August 2021) I have had a problem which appears to relate to the alarm. What happens is all the dials flicker and the alarm activates. The key fob has no effect. If the alarm goes off, turning the key, cuts the noise and all I get is a ticking noise from the alarm box (better for the neighbours),
This problem can go on for many minutes during which time turning the ignition key on and off, trying the key fob buttons, in fact anything I can think of doing, eventually seems to clear and away I go. During this time however, the dash warning lights are off when the ignition is on, but flash briefly as the ignition is turned off. Also the trip mileage recorder resets to zero. Running an OBD2 Scanner, I get the above result which appears at variance to what actually happens. I am posing the question as to whether anyone had a similar problem.

PS as a newbie, I hope I have used the correct topic heading

Please Log in to join the conversation.

P0001 Fuel Volume Regulator Control Circuit/Open 2 years 3 weeks ago #198591

:welcome2: Sounds like either an earthing problem or broken wires in the boot hinge loom.

Open up the loom and check all the wires...
David
:shrug:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jesse46

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

P0001 Fuel Volume Regulator Control Circuit/Open 2 years 3 weeks ago #198592

Hi , The Chinese MG TF's had a Thatcham 1 alarm system with a sealed alarm and battery backup under the bonnet. RHS , hidden behind the ABS pump mounting shelf. If this is what is ticking It may be this is your alarm/immobiliser issue.

There is a SCU (security control unit) behind the centre consul to the rear of heater controls. This is a Pektron unit that has known issues with dodgy relays. If the ticking is coming from there you may have a faulty SCU. If so look up "Technozen" who is the expert at fixing them.

If the ticking is coming from your right knee when sitting in the drivers seat of from the LHS under bonnet you may have a relay problem in one of the fuse boxes.

If the ticking is over your left shoulder when in driving seat, that's the fuel pump. Those are all the ticking things I can think of to look at ;)

The P0001 code may be coming up if the immobiliser is not switching on the fuel pump.

Low battery voltage can also give alarm/immobiliser issues

Since this is intermittent it dose sound like bad contact/earth, or a dodgy relay.

Good luck!
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

P0001 Fuel Volume Regulator Control Circuit/Open 2 years 2 weeks ago #198607

Hi Markvrs - Many thanks for your reply, I today spoke to an 'ex MG' mechanic who also suggested a bad earth so have checked the two I could find (battery/boot). If it happens again I will listen out for the ticking.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT