Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Felix won't start 2 years 2 months ago #198489

Before you get too involved in pulling shit apart and fiddle-arseing about with things that may well be best not disturbed, hows the fuel filter?
Do you have flow at the line before the filter?
It's probably about due for replacement anyway, so why not whack a new one in and then see if the car shows a bit more enthusiasm to proceed in the desired fashion. It would save the fire risk of running the pump with open fuel lines and splashing fuel from arsehole to breakfast!

The proper way of doing it is to use a fuel injection pressure test gauge, with the suitable adapter fittings.
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Cobber.

Felix won't start 2 years 2 months ago #198491

The fuel filter was replaced just before he was laid up - and he started fine just before Christmas - but good call - I'll check if any flow before the filter just in case!

But I do remember hearing the normal 'bzzzz' of the fuel pump priming on every key start before.. which it isn't doing now. It's silent as a mouse.

Felix won't start 2 years 1 month ago #198495

Fuel pump often fails of left unused. Check these barn find videos and often the fuel pump is dead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: adamelphick

Felix won't start 2 years 1 month ago #198515

Blimey will it ever stop raining and blowing a gale so I can look more into this?! :rant:

Felix won't start 2 years 1 month ago #198554

Have you managed to sort it Adam ?

Felix won't start 2 years 1 month ago #198555

Have you managed to sort it Adam ?

Not yet - weather has been poop - then fence blew down in garden (took time up) - then bloody kitchen got a flood (deep joy) and now ZS needs a new O2 sensor and MOT LOL

I am pretty sure it must be the pump though as it's getting 12v but is silent as a mouse.. normally makes that little 'whirr' when the ignition is switched on.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

Felix won't start 2 years 1 month ago #198566

Am I right in thinking that Felix is the car with the ' Frankendash ' ? I haven't seen any posts of the finished item !

Last edit: Post by sworkscooper.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT