Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

The original stereo. 2 years 2 months ago #198420

Mine is coming out to be temporarily replaced by some piece of wizardry that costs less than a visit to Costa and does everything but make a latte. It answers the phone, plays all my music and even tells the time.
But it isn't the original set which is a decent piece of kit. It would be nice to have an Aux input and it is possible without surgery. As I don't have a cd changer, the unit is going to have to come out in order to hack the i2c communication and find out how to fake a cd player input. It is possible to swap two pins on one of the internal chips which turn on the Cd preamp inputs when a cassette is inserted, thereby enabling an auxiliary input but it is a bit of a flint axe solution. Reading the data would be much easier with a Cd changer to hand but without one, it will be a challenge which might take a lot of attempts to crack which is why the set is coming out for a while. I intend to make a little add on box that responds to the cd controls to enable the cd audio input.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

The original stereo. 2 years 2 months ago #198424

I do have a brand new Rover Philips stereo 6 cd changer (from 1997/8) and lead that goes from the boot to the radio which is still in the original wrappings. I bought a spare one in case my existing one failed but now I have replaced the head unit so the spare is no longer needed. PM me if interested.
The following user(s) said Thank You: minimax

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by julianfoulger.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT