Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

New Rimmer Bros (Suplex) spring kit squeaking 2 years 2 months ago #198386

Took the F out for a run with brand new spring kit from Rimmer Bros. The ride on the new suspension is fantastic, however it is emitting a terrible squeak even with the tiniest movement of the car. Sounds like a kid jumping up and down on a squeaky spring mattress or a dog chewing a squeaky toy! Driving me absolutely nuts (although flat out with the roof down almost drowns it out).

I am guessing I need to add grease or adjust something? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, but I have also emailed Rimmer Bros as well...

Cheers
Perry

Please Log in to join the conversation.

New Rimmer Bros (Suplex) spring kit squeaking 2 years 2 months ago #198430

Squeaking and banging is one of the problems with the SUPLEX kit, I wouldn't use it, haven't come across anyone who has a system that works !!!!! you should have the spheres re-gassed or fit the Mike Satur spring kit

New Rimmer Bros (Suplex) spring kit squeaking 2 years 2 months ago #198431

Thanks for that but I can't do either (gas system gone and I can't afford to drop another$2000 to change it again), so I'll get my local experts to sort it, it feels great on the road, but clearly needs some.adjustment or lubrication somewhere...

New Rimmer Bros (Suplex) spring kit squeaking 2 years 2 months ago #198477

Good luck with getting your Experts to sort it out i know an owner who tried to stop his squeaking and banging, Suplex provided replacement rear cans that were uprated , they replaced the shock absorbers twice, all without results, he now ''just lives with it'' - good luck with yours

New Rimmer Bros (Suplex) spring kit squeaking 2 years 1 month ago #198583

Rimmer Bros advised to rotate the spring units 180 degrees. We (read: my MG mechanic) did this today and.... no more squeaking!!! 🥳

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT