Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Broken T piece 2 years 3 months ago #198218

Hi All

My MG TF has suffered a broken T piece on the cooling section of the engine on the end of the pipe that returns the coolant to the expansion bottle.

Speaking to a local garage over the phone we decided that pipe section 64 on the MG expanded drawing was the part I needed as the T-Piece was not available. On receiving the hose it's nothing like mine, in the picture you can see where the hose has broken on my MG.

I have now studied the schematic drawing closely and I can't find anything similar to the part I need so I'm wondering if there has been a change of design and now this part is not available. What I can confirm is that a metal pipe feeds into this section which make me think the design has now changed.

Any help will be amazing.

Thanks

Simon
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Broken T piece 2 years 3 months ago #198222

Not sure if its of any use, but there was a guy doing a lot of work on a TF and posting it on youtube (MGLEE)... he recommended the Rimmer Bro's catalogue and says the expanded drawings were pretty good, I've not seen one myself so cant confirm...

Failing that, I'd give DMGRS a call! the guy I spoke to there was very helpful in sorting out the parts I needed and I imagine they'd be able to tell you just by looking at the photo. :broon:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Simon Morriss

Broken T piece 2 years 3 months ago #198223

T piece is not sold as a seperate piece but part of a much bigger hose piece. You need either PEH100790 (non-VVC) or PEH100940 (VVC). It has been like this for some years now.

I think that the Cooling System Bleed valve- PEI100010 - is not available as a seperate item now either and may form part the items above.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy661, Simon Morriss

Last edit: Post by julianfoulger.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT