Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

New Fob 2 years 3 months ago #198067

Hi Everyone.

I have just bought a 2003 MG TF but it only has one key and one FOB.

Is there a way I can buy a new fob and link it to the car.

Thanks

Simon

Please Log in to join the conversation.

New Fob 2 years 3 months ago #198068

If it's a 2003 PEKTRON system then you need to ensure the fob comes with its original barcode - or you wont be bale to link it to the ECU. You'll need access to a T4 diagnostoc system or a PSCAN to do the linking... fobs can only be reused if the barcode is present.

If it's a LUCAS system (i.e. a 2002 car that was registered in 2003) then no need for the barcode as they can be linked anyway as far as I am aware. All working fobs can be reused.

New Fob 2 years 3 months ago #198069

Thanks. The fob I have is round with and open and closed button in the top two thirds. The bottom third I presume is for the boot. Can you tell which system I have?

Simon

New Fob 2 years 3 months ago #198071

Thanks. The fob I have is round with and open and closed button in the top two thirds. The bottom third I presume is for the boot. Can you tell which system I have?

Simon

You have Pektron system, and as said, you need completely new fob WITH barcode. Even second hand fob with bar code will not be usable since if it was in use linking window is gone that far that barcode entered will not recognise the fob anymore.

You would need to obtain new fob with barcode and someone with T4, T300 or pscan who can link your new barcode to the alarm system.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Simon Morriss

New Fob 2 years 3 months ago #198078

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Last edit: Post by talkingcars.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT