Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

PLEASE HELP - 1999 MGF immobilser / ECU / EKA problem 2 years 3 months ago #197983

Hello all

1999 MGF in Australia is not turning over after a battery disconnection (new dry suspension). Key fobs lock and unlock the car and activate/deactivate the alarm. But when I turn key to start, all the pretty lights come on but silence when I try to start it.

Tried the 4 digit manual override (door key turns) multiple times to no effect.

What, who, how best to fix?

Thanks... desperate to get back on the road.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

PLEASE HELP - 1999 MGF immobilser / ECU / EKA problem 2 years 3 months ago #197984

i think if it was a key/alarm/imobiliser issue, when you try and start, the car will beep continuously.

have you tried the basics, ie wireing to the starter, in particular the common problem of corroded spade on solenoid?

Re:PLEASE HELP - 1999 MGF immobilser / ECU / EKA problem 2 years 3 months ago #197985

As above check the spade connection on the starter motor

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

PLEASE HELP - 1999 MGF immobilser / ECU / EKA problem 2 years 3 months ago #197988

If you have done the key unlocking sequence successfully, the alarm LED will have stopped flashing. The immobiliser is off and your problem is electrical but not in the immobiliser.

If it is still flashing, then the contacts in the door lock are likely to be dirty and missing count instructions but the immobiliser is still on and so you won't be able to start the engine.

PLEASE HELP - 1999 MGF immobilser / ECU / EKA problem 2 years 2 months ago #198023

Another vote here for checking the spade terminal on the starter.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

The wider aesthetic considerations of waxing... 2 years 2 months ago #198046

I use Poorboys 'Nattys' Blue on the F, its a brilliant product, is very easy to use and smells nice too ( smells like bubble gum)

PLEASE HELP - 1999 MGF immobilser / ECU / EKA problem 2 years 1 month ago #198391

Hi all, thanks for your replies. After some professional attention it turned out to be a loose ECU connector... not obvious as they were all plugged in but disconnection was concealed by the rubber seals. Rather anticlimactic but at least not blown electronics!

Last edit: Post by perry.collier.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT