Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Anyone local to me? 2 years 4 months ago #197856

Hi all,

Just wondering if there is anyone on the forum local to me (Dorchester, Dorset) that might have a flywheel locking tool I could borrow for a few days?

Started my HG job yesterday and have now become stuck on the lower crank bolt, I tried to do a half arsed job and left the cam lock in and used a breaker bar on the bolt but felt the belt jump a couple of teeth... not gonna risk trying it anymore

Thanks in advance

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Anyone local to me? 2 years 4 months ago #197896

I've got one surplus to requirements..make me a offer..worked great for me when I changed my cambelt...cant beat that solid feeling has the flywheel is locked solid and you apply pressure ...why mess about...got cam locking tool aswell...I always make sure if I'm doing a job like that then no hissing about is done.🤔

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

Anyone local to me? 2 years 4 months ago #197898

They are only a few quid from Halfords.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Anyone local to me? 2 years 4 months ago #197917

I have both cam and flywheel locking tools but I am in west Cornwall, a bit far :(

Anyone local to me? 2 years 4 months ago #197927

I've seen the cam locking tool for about £4 to £8...but the crank locking tool is from around £25 upwards....2 types on the market..not seen the crank tool in halfords😄 buy a cam locking tool and make a crank locking tool...after removing starter you only need to fabricate some steel flat that bolts in starter housing and weld a tooth to it that mates to the ring gear...when you see a crank locking tool in the flesh you will say I could make that!!!

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT