Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Changing engine cooling hoses 2 years 4 months ago #197735

Bonjour, Tucked away in France I am struggling with the cooling hoses for the engine in my 1998 MGF.After several disasters with the head gasket I have installed a "remanufactered" engine from Ivor Searle. The engine is in place, most of the bits fitted and the body dropped. I thought it might be a good idea to change the hoses throughout. The hose most suspect was the return from the engine which had a moulded joint. This apparently has failed on other cars and my original hoses are 23 years old.There is a modified hose which uses a plastic connector.On the diagram below the hose is no. 16. this has a branch which should connect to the heater return pipe. No. 16 is 30 mm diam., no. 22 is 20 mm diam. They are supposed to connect by the adaptor no. 19 which is 20 mm each end. On the diagram it appears to have different diameter ends. The fitting 19 is listed as MG Rover 061282. I have it but it is 20 mm by 20mm. What have I got wrong???? There is no sraightforward explainations on any of the normal suppliers
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by MikeW. Reason: Add diagram

Changing engine cooling hoses 2 years 4 months ago #197748

Hi and welcome to the forum

I though the hose end from #16 to #19 20mm? I thought it was smaller than the other 2 ends.

James

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Changing engine cooling hoses 2 years 4 months ago #197749

I'm not familiar with the part in question, but to reduce from 30mm to 20mm you probably need a barbed reducer like in the pic below

These are available from various sources such as plumbing suppliers, boat chandlers, agricultural irrigation suppliers, hardware stores, industrial supply houses etc.
You can get them in plastic, brass, anodised aluminum, steel and stainless steel.
You may not find them in metric sizing, but 3/4" x 1 1/4" will be fine.
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Last edit: Post by Cobber.

Changing engine cooling hoses 2 years 4 months ago #197754

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Changing engine cooling hoses 2 years 3 months ago #197852

I think that Mike Satur sells this part for a few pounds made in metal ( think its anodised aluminium :woohoo:
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper, Keymaster

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT