Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Ezi bleed cap 2 years 4 months ago #197549

Has anyone modded a brake M/C cap to use an ezi bleed, how did you do it please, pictures?
and while I'm at it has anyone got an old cap they want to sell obviously not worried about the float/sensor not working.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Ezi bleed cap 2 years 4 months ago #197550

I have heard of people using a coolant pressure testing kit, which comes with a large selection of radiator / reservoir caps to pressurise the brake fluid reservoir to force the brake fluid through the lines during bleeding. It means keeping a close eye on the level and frequent top ups though. I do have one of the kits, but not tried it myself, but a mechanic friend of mine has borrowed it and used it to assist with bleeding brakes on other cars.

Sundance

here is the kit....worthwhile if you have a F or TF for checking the coolant system anyway.

The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper, deepfat

Ezi bleed cap 2 years 4 months ago #197566

I do like the ezi bleed because of the fact you don't have to keep refilling the M/C and have always found it an easy solution to bleeding on your own. I did consider a vacuum bleeder but was not sure if they fill the M/C automatically or not and also wondered if the constant pumping gets tiresome, with the ezi bleed the spare tire does the work.

Ezi bleed cap 2 years 4 months ago #197577

I'd also love to see how anyone modded a cap. I found it difficult to get a spare cap, seemed everyone on the bay knew how much new ones were and only knocked off a quid or two making it still expensive. However, I do have a spare since I had to change the brake master cylinder thing is I've cleaned up the garage and for the life of me I can't find it. Will have a look tomorrow and drop you a line if it comes to light.
The following user(s) said Thank You: deepfat

Ezi bleed cap 2 years 4 months ago #197585

Trev if you find it and I successfully mod it you can borrow it anytime you want

Ezi bleed cap 2 years 4 months ago #197590

I tried using a 'Universal' cap, without success, so I bought a suction kit, uses air pressure from a compressor, which works really well. Unfortunately, you still need to top up the reservoir manually (job for the wife!) but it's easy to estimate when to top up, by watching how much is sucked out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: deepfat

Ezi bleed cap 2 years 4 months ago #197591

A compressor "in my dreams" I could buy one but have no where to put/keep it.
As I go to do a top up of the M/C I always have the thought in my mind that the air I was about to bleed out is now rising up again in the brake line. Stupid, Anal, Nerdy probably all 3 but I love the constant flow from an ezi bleed with no need to check the M/C.
PS I'm not married (anymore) and to go through that all again seems a bit extreme just to bleed the brakes Ho Ho

Ezi bleed cap 2 years 4 months ago #197592

Downside of a vacuum bleeder is the maximum pressure it can generate is -1Bar (or one bar below atmospheric). EZI Bleed can run at over 2Bar.
With ABS you really need over 2Bar to open up the valves fully. It really does depend on the ABS system though.

Ezi bleed cap 2 years 4 months ago #197704

I did get a cap from the scrap yard and modded it to work with the ezibleed kit but I found it such a flaf to use that I either buried it in the shed or dustbin.

So yes, it is possible.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Ezi bleed cap 2 years 4 months ago #197740

Am I missing something? I absolutely swear it fitted mine straight out the box with no need for mods.... (Jan 05 car)

Ezi bleed cap 2 years 4 months ago #197746

Maybe they have updated the kit, mine was probably the best part of 10 years ago.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Ezi bleed cap 2 years 4 months ago #197752

Don't think so, I sell them at work. Don't recall any updates. Perhaps I was thinking of the clutch reservoir?

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT