Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

mgtf rear window opaque 2 years 5 months ago #197634

The blurry rear window is very annoying, particularly when backing up. It is not just the oxidation, it is also the deformation to the plastic that occurs over time. I cleaned mine up with Renovo, but I still find my rearview to be distorted even if the plastic is clear.

If you decide to change the rear window, you can purchase either a replacement plexiglas or glass section from BAS (link below). Replacement windows might also be available from other vendors such as MGMania and MGF Centre (easier to just call them). There is a also a Youtube video (I think from Dave at MGMania) explaining how to replace it, which is pretty straightforward. I plan on eventually changing my plexiglas with glass, which has the benefit of also having a defroster. and does not distort

https://www.car-hood.co.uk/mg-hoods
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

Please Log in to join the conversation.

mgtf rear window opaque 2 years 5 months ago #197676

I have a 1996 MGF with a plastic rear window in the hood this hood was replaced in 2005 by the previous owner ( hood obtained from MGOC and fitted by a MG dealership) When i bought the car in 2010 it had been standing unused in the open for 5 years, the rear window was quite yellow and opaque. I tried Greygate first and then Renovo plastic polish and the window came up like new, took a long while to polish both sides. I finished polishing with Autoglym super resin polish, i have regularly polished the window with autoglym and recently with Plastic polish, its still crystal clear and as taught as a drum when the hood is closed. I have thought long and hard about glass but wont change until the plastic gets unusable

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT