Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

mgtf rear window opaque 2 years 4 months ago #197487

Hello Chaps. l have just bought a tf a little merlot influence while scanning ebay. managed oil and filter change thanks to youtube but now require a new rear window to replace my opaque one. where or who can l get one from. thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

mgtf rear window opaque 2 years 4 months ago #197488

Hello and :welcome:

I've just sent mine away to have a new panel fitted, ebay item number 254234496505. You will need rivets and a foam strip to re-fit the window.

Last edit: Post by Bob.

mgtf rear window opaque 2 years 4 months ago #197489

Hi Bob where have you sent it to and what was the cost.I live in Weston Favell is there anywhere local.

mgtf rear window opaque 2 years 4 months ago #197490

If your rear window is opaque but undamaged, you may be able to use plastic polish. I used Meguiars Plastx Plastic Cleaner which worked wonders with some effort but several others recommend Greygate.

If it is damaged, replacement is probably the only solution. Try eBay or look around for someone that does car hoods, boat covers, caravan awnings or similar.

mgtf rear window opaque 2 years 4 months ago #197491

Thanks for reply, just ordered Meguiars, see how it goes

mgtf rear window opaque 2 years 4 months ago #197497

Hello. Not sure of anywhere local to you. The ebay seller is in Northern Ireland. It cost me around £7 to post from Lancashire, I cut out the plastic and put the rear panel in an A4 jiffy bag. The return postage is in with the cost so around £65 all in. The rivets are 3.2mm x 15mm you'll be fine with 25, item number 254428926419.

mgtf rear window opaque 2 years 4 months ago #197498

thanks for reply, l am going to have a crack at polishing with Maguairs Plasix first, but now have a fallback, another question, my oil temp gauge is not working where is the sensor located ?

mgtf rear window opaque 2 years 4 months ago #197499

Look for your oil filter, it's nearby...:nonod:
David
:shrug:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grumpster

mgtf rear window opaque 2 years 4 months ago #197502

I polished mine with Renovo plastic polish took around 2 hours of polishing to remove the cloudiness and scratches on both sides, rubbed in small circles, then finished with Autoglym super resin polish, it came up crystal clear,

mgtf rear window opaque 2 years 4 months ago #197534

The screen goes opaque due to oxidisation so polishing to remove the oxidisation will take it back to clear.

Also the oxidisation makes the screen brittle and liable to split.

I did mine with graygate polish, only around £7 from eBay and you don't need much.
Used by BT, NASA and Talkingcars, must be good.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

mgtf rear window opaque 2 years 4 months ago #197539

The screen goes opaque due to oxidisation so polishing to remove the oxidisation will take it back to clear.

Also the oxidisation makes the screen brittle and liable to split.

I did mine with graygate polish, only around £7 from eBay and you don't need much.
Used by BT, NASA and Talkingcars , must be good.

Can't get a better recommendation than that!:woo2:
David
:shrug:
The following user(s) said Thank You: talkingcars

mgtf rear window opaque 2 years 4 months ago #197562

Gave the window an hours worth of rubbing and it has made a difference from totally opaque to being able to see slightly blurred cars behind, so a good improvement. I will give it another go and should come clearer thanks for all comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT