Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

ARB links tf160 2 years 5 months ago #197428

Hi, my 04 160 has an advisory on the front ARB links or pins. There is currently too much wet stuff falling from the sky for me to consider looking under the car.

I have googled a bit and I think I need the links without a twist. Can any one confirm that?

Is the link below a likely candidate? I also saw some 80 quid Mike Satur billet jobbies that might work.

http://mgmanialtd.com/index.php?id_product=838&controller=product

Cheers leigh

Please Log in to join the conversation.

ARB links tf160 2 years 5 months ago #197430

The twisted arb links apply for vehicles up to VIN 3D617816
Straight ones after.
The Rose jointed versions will fit either.
David
:shrug:
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

ARB links tf160 2 years 5 months ago #197431

Thanks David. L

ARB links tf160 2 years 5 months ago #197455

A 2004 TF will have the straight drop links. Very sturdy. I have rose joint ones on mine at the moment, if you do fit them, then use a rubber boot to cover the ball joints on the links, maybe with a little grease applied to the joint also to help keep the moisture out.

Sundance
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shedifice

ARB links tf160 2 years 5 months ago #197457

As already said it is important to cover the rose joints with grease and a rubber boot, they will not only attract water but loads of grit which is extremely abrasive. I hear you saying ''but they use them in racing'' yes but the race cars are mainly inspected after every race your road car is not.

I decided to replace my drop links with standard ones in 2012 although the originals were still in good order after many years ( no record of them being replaced since 1996! ) Still looking good after 9 years!!

ARB links tf160 2 years 5 months ago #197483

Bryan, when you say standard I guess you mean yhe pressed steel and rubber links?

Sundance, would I see any benefit from rose links on a 160?

L.
Attachments:

ARB links tf160 2 years 5 months ago #197493

Hi Mr Shedifice, I only fitted the droplinks because I had them available and thought I would give them a try, hoping that the all steel construction would be an improvement over the standard steel and rubber ones originally fitted.
They did work very well, but the droplinks I used were quality Dunlop ones, with minimal play in the joint. Another plus to the rose joints it the ability to adapt the length and angle to fit any configuration.
That said, the rubber boot on one of mine failed and the weather soon made the joint seize up, fortunately I have a few spares and replaced it as soon as I spotted it. I did not notice any improvement in road handling, but then again, there was no negative difference in handling either. They do look the part once fitted though. If you do put them on, then go for quality ones, not the ones seen on Ebay and some part supplier sites.

Here are the ones I fitted.

Sundance

The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

ARB links tf160 2 years 5 months ago #197520

My MGF has the twisted drop links, the main body is an alloy with rubber bushes in the eyes these are sold as a complete unit and cant be re-rubbered !!!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT