• Page:

Topic

Battery 2 years 6 months ago #197319

• Bobb's Avatar Topic Author
  • Bobb
  • Apprentice MGer
  • Apprentice MGer
Hi All
I’m putting my TF into semi hibernation, but I intend to take it out every 2 weeks for a 20 minute run to keep everything lubricated and moving.
Is it worth doing?
Is 20 minutes enough to replenish the battery?
Thanks Team

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Battery 2 years 6 months ago #197321

I would recommend ether keeping it on a trickle charger of fitting a battery insulator . With the immobiliser flashing for 2 weeks, it will pull the battery down to a low level.

Battery 2 years 6 months ago #197322

As my TF is garaged away from my house with no power to charge the battery , I remove the negative lead to stop the battery draining and take it for a brief run every now and again .

Battery 2 years 6 months ago #197323

Hi, leaving the battery for two weeks is enough time for the alarm and clock to pull the battery down enough that it probably wont start. you either need to trickle charge the battery or fit an isolater CTEK are good chargers /conditioners - that is assuming the battery is in good condition at the start. A 20 minute run should be enough time to re-charge a battery after a start.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bobb

Battery 2 years 5 months ago #197366

I can recommend the Discarnect. They are widely available (Amazon, eBay, etc), cheap, easy to fit and work brilliantly. There are naysayers who don't like them but I am very happy with mine.

Attachments:

Battery 2 years 5 months ago #197368

Good idea but I know I would lose the knob after a couple of months.

Last edit: Post by TwistedPuppet.

Battery 2 years 5 months ago #197375

I can recommend the Discarnect. They are widely available (Amazon, eBay, etc), cheap, easy to fit and work brilliantly. There are naysayers who don't like them but I am very happy with mine.

The previous owner of my TF fitted one of these. He didn't use the car much and said without it, the alarm etc. would run down the battery in 2 weeks. I haven't used it yet, but will be doing soon when I lay up the car. I didn't get round to sorting the crusty bits at the bottom of each wheel arch, so not up for winter driving this year.....

Battery 2 years 5 months ago #197377

My car runs the battery flat in days not weeks!
Consequently, I have a Discarnect, lol.

You can't lose the knob because you just loosen it not remove it.

You need to be careful to keep the mating surfaces clean from corrosion to avoid poor contact, apart from that. :woo2: :woo2:
David
:shrug:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT