Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

mgtf brake line flares? 2 years 5 months ago #197278

I wonder what flare is used on the 2003 mgtf (non abs) I think that the brake pipes I have removed are DIN/ISO Bubble Flare

These are the ones I removed.
I sort of think this because they seem flat on the base of the flare and domed on the top>
the flare kit I have borrowed seems to make the base tapered and to double flare, the centre you press in makes it more trumpet like.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

mgtf brake line flares? 2 years 5 months ago #197279

Yes I think that it's a metric flared pipe , in that the nut should push on a flat rear surface as opposed to the other type of imperial flared pipe which is the same shape at both sides . If that makes sense.
The following user(s) said Thank You: trevtherevs

mgtf brake line flares? 2 years 5 months ago #197291

Many thanks and I think you are spot on I have bought a metric flare tool and my first attempt was a bit let's say rough but it was the same form

mgtf brake line flares? 2 years 5 months ago #197295

When I was employed in the motor trade, I think the term used for the male flare was ' Op 1 and female flare Op 2 . If you experiment a few times with some scrap pipe you'll soon get the hang of it . :yesnod: :yesnod:
The following user(s) said Thank You: trevtherevs

mgtf brake line flares? 2 years 5 months ago #197361

There was a video on replacing brake lines on the TF recently on YouTube by MGLee, who I think is on here. He used this tool from Amazon. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Flaring-Imperial-Aluminum-Copper-Flares/dp/B08V8KLVY2

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT