Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

tyre specs 2 years 6 months ago #197175

I've just got a set of 16" wheels with the idea of a brake upgrade in the future, meanwhile I want a new set of tyres on them and I'm getting giddy with so much info, it appears the best bet is Toyo Proxes T1-R or Falken ZE912 The problem is these are as rare as hens teeth due to being/about to be superseded, all I want is a decent set of tyres that suit the car and are easily available. I don't do track days or wish to hurtle round corners and so far driving the TF think I will run out of talent before the grip gives up so any suggestions?
Reading various articles it seems 195 size tyres for the front are sometimes not available and people are going for 205's instead, does this cause any problems with rubbing on full lock/brake flexi's, handling/balance etc. Then I have the problem of sidewall stiffness apparently the TF likes stiff sidewalls what part of the tyre spec denotes this ie 195=width, 45=aspect ratio, 16"=rim size, v=speed rating, ??=sidewall stiffness and is this critical for my needs?
The MGOC has recently given the thumbs up to Falken ZEIX ZE310 as a replacement for the 912 anybody tried these yet? if anyone thinks they drive like me and have been happy with tyres different from those above please let me know as long as they are not "budget tyres".

Please Log in to join the conversation.

tyre specs 2 years 6 months ago #197195

I have 310s on my F. They are good on an F at least. They are xl rating so have stiff sidewalls.
David
:shrug:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT