Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

can you kid the SRS 2 years 6 months ago #197091

This post is prompted by devilheart's problem with his SRS light.

Does anyone know what signal the chip is expecting back from the relative SRS component (seat belt/air bag), can the signal be mimicked?

I'm just thinking instead of changing bits in turn until the light goes out we disconnect the part and mimic the signal, if the light goes out that's the dodgy one. This is probably a very simplistic view (that's me simple) and I presume interrogation via the OBD port would tell you which one is duff (yes/no), but we don't all have access to these systems.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

can you kid the SRS 2 years 6 months ago #197093

The www.pscan.uk will be that device you plug into the OBD port.

You can plug a resistor in to the terminals of the SRS component to give the SRS ECU a false reading but I have no idea of details.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

can you kid the SRS 2 years 6 months ago #197108

I did do a search for 'devilhearts' problem (search term 'SRS') and found nothing so I have no idea what the problem is.

As a general rule, other than replacing individual components one at a time (rotary coupler, airbag, seatbelt restraint units, SRS ECU)..., I would never attach a multimeter to the SRS system to test continuity et al only because I would be frightened of setting off the unit with a bang!

I assume that within Rover's Testbook, was an SRS diagnostic component to detect exactly where the problem is in the SRS circuit.

The resister idea of talkingcars is a good one but likewise no idea what resister et al.

EDIT: Found the post of devilshearts. He is doing exactly what I would be doing in his shoes. ie The above.

Last edit: Post by julianfoulger.

can you kid the SRS 2 years 6 months ago #197110

I think the resistor is quite a low value - top of my head its either 6 or 3 ohms
Sundance

can you kid the SRS 2 years 6 months ago #197116

.....I assume that within Rover's Testbook, was an SRS diagnostic component to detect exactly where the problem is in the SRS circuit......

The pscan interrogates the SRS ECU, I guess Testbook does the same.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT