Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

HISTORY HELP ! 2 years 6 months ago #197086

Hi everyone, I am a lifelong 'Petrolhead' living on the Wirral. Although owning many types of cars over the years, I have always returned to MGs, and currently own a new MG HS in Dynamic red, and have just today purchased a 2003 MG TF 160 in Sunspot Monogram Chromactive paint finish. I think I have the title correct but someone will straighten me out if not ! I was quite excited to discover that the car was an MG Press car, as verified by the service book that is stamped MG PRESS GARAGE. The registration of the car id BU03CLN and the VIN number is SARRDLBPC3D619732 Can anyone on this forum help me with any history to my car in particular any press photos or magazine articles featuring the car ? I will be very grateful for any information at all. Best wishes, and hope to meet some of you and of course your cars. Cheers, David.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Please Log in to join the conversation.

HISTORY HELP ! 2 years 6 months ago #197089

Hi and :welcome: to the forum from John in Yorkshire. Sunspot yellow is a stunning colour for the TF . There is a guy associated with the forum called Dieter who has access to the dates when your car left Longbridge and I'm sure someone on the bar will point you in his direction soon . Enjoy the TF.
John .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Royalairforce

HISTORY HELP ! 2 years 6 months ago #197094

Hi and welcome to the forum

James

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

HISTORY HELP ! 2 years 6 months ago #197096

• Bertl
  • in the middle of the midlife crisis
Hi David, welcome aboard!

as ever,
Rob
http://www.reliant-scimitar.weebly.com/

HISTORY HELP ! 2 years 6 months ago #197109

:welcome2:
Complete Dieter's enquiry form here. Dieter's form
David
:shrug:
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper, Royalairforce

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

HISTORY HELP ! 2 years 6 months ago #197163

Cant really help other than to say BU is the registration I've seen on other press cars and denotes Birmingham, you may like to ask your question on the MGF register forum as they seem to have people interested in this subject

HISTORY HELP ! 2 years 6 months ago #197284

Well done! That is a lovely car. Exactly the colour and model I was looking for (unsuccessfully!) when I bought mine...

The person who seems to know everything about individual MGFs and TFs is a very nice chap called Adrian Clifford. He lives quite close to me in Essex. I don't know if he is on this forum but you should be able to track him down easily enough through the usual sources. He has collected the information on almost every car and assembled a database. He also provides owners with a 'Heritage Certificate', free of charge, if they ask.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping, Royalairforce

HISTORY HELP ! 2 years 6 months ago #197316

Hello David, I have a copy of Adrian Cliffords database and there is nothing in the record that you dont already know, the car was built on 3rd June 2003 @ 15.57 and was registered with BU03 CLN by MG Rover group in Birmingham on 12th June 2003 , the dealer code is showing as one of the MG Rover codes it is painted in Sunspot Yellow which is one of the Monogram colours Code is IAC- the trim is Gunsmoke Alcantara/Black Leather. 90 cars were painted in this colour yours was the 12th car to be painted. MGRover retained 5 cars for their own use and yours was the only one that went to the ''Press Garage'' - no further information is listed for this car.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper, Royalairforce

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.258 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT