Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Front spoiler MGF - where/how to obtain? 2 years 6 months ago #196932

Based in Australia. Where / how to obtain a KH type front splitter?

Has anyone tried fitting a "generic" one?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Front spoiler MGF - where/how to obtain? 2 years 6 months ago #196933

Hi Perry,
Just had a look on Ebay and they are available as special order for £70.00 plus shipping.

Front spoiler MGF - where/how to obtain? 2 years 6 months ago #196947

Thanks Steve, would you be able to post a link, I can't seem to find them... cheers Perry

Front spoiler MGF - where/how to obtain? 2 years 6 months ago #196949

Front spoiler MGF - where/how to obtain? 2 years 6 months ago #196986

Thanks mate for having a go, but unfortunately won't ship to the antipodes... will keep hunting, might ne able to find a generic one to do the job...

Front spoiler MGF - where/how to obtain? 2 years 6 months ago #196988

Here's how I've dealt with recalcitrant sellers who refuse to send their wares to our more civilised part of the world. ( I see you're in Queensland, so obviously I use the term civilisation fairly loosly) :bust:
You need to appeal to the good natured members of this esteemed forum, so as one might offer to act as your agent and you get the seller to send it too them and they then send it forward to you.
Now in these covid troubled times this will probably take longer than normal 'cos every bloody thing does.
International postage is damned near useless at the moment (I've have a watch maker's tool sitting at Paris airport, waiting for a flight, it's been sitting there for over 2 weeks)
So I suggest sending it via someone like UPS, they use dedicated cargo planes as opposed to postal services who mainly send on commercial passenger flights of which there are bugger all at the moment!
For doing you this favour, I suggest repaying the generous spirit of the member acting as your agent with some excellent OZ produce such as a bottle of plonk or better still some Oz spirits. (No not bloody Bundy, you're meant to be repaying a favour, not poisoning the poor bugger)

For the benefit of the rest of the membership here. There are some superb whiskies, gins and vodkas made here, which all you Pomgolians and assorted Johnnie Foreigners out there should try. (Just my bit for promoting the efforts of our craft distilleries)

As for the splitter I found a broken one one fleabay for my car. Only one I could find.
A flimsy piece of shit, I've seen wet paper bags with more structural integrity.
I've been fixing and reinforcing it, once done it should be strong enough to use as a dozor blade!
I s'pose it it might be possible to get someone to take a mold from it when it's done.
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Last edit: Post by Cobber.

Front spoiler MGF - where/how to obtain? 2 years 6 months ago #196989

Hi Perry,
Have a look at RPS Ltd in the UK , on there Facebook page they make quality mouldings for the F And TF they might ship to you.

Front spoiler MGF - where/how to obtain? 2 years 6 months ago #196996

:P I'm actually a Sandgroper who's been bending bananas for 20 odd years so, no offence taken! I'm in contact with Dutch mob (https://www.cowacarparts.com/product/mg-f-kh-splitter-spoiler-nieuw/) that does sell them and MAY ship (at a cost), waiting to hear back.
But I had a look at the underside where it would be bolted and it doesn't seem like complicated 3D shape, so have started thinking about making one. There are carbon fibre (etc) suppliers/custom cutters nearby, so if I could work out a template, maybe it would be one way to go... I will see if anyone has done it before and has a design...

And yes, the bartering system is a good way to go. I have a regular coffee supply coming from Seattle by similar arrangement!

Cheers
Perry

Front spoiler MGF - where/how to obtain? 2 years 6 months ago #197007

Have you thought about widening your search, I know that sounds stupid when your 1/2 a world away but I think quite a few went to japan and dare I say it NZ, perhaps these area's have a spares market.
I know language is a problem but the Kiwi's are getting better at it

Front spoiler MGF - where/how to obtain? 2 years 1 month ago #198392

These guys came to the rescue.... https://www.moto-build.com/mgfparts.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: Voulgaris

Front spoiler MGF - where/how to obtain? 2 years 3 weeks ago #198584

Painted metallic nightfire red, finally put the splitter on today... definite improvement on the freeway, feels much less skittish at speed...
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by perry.collier.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 1.117 seconds