Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

E10 fuel 2 years 6 months ago #196926

Hi all. This has probably been covered on here but can I still put E10 in my 2001 MG MGF? I did put £20 in the other day and forgot about all this E10 goings on. If not what is the best alternative?
Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

E10 fuel 2 years 6 months ago #196929

Hi . I believe that there was a post on here recently about this and I think that the MG/ Rover models produced from 1995 were all E10 compliant .
:woohoo:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jayneal

E10 fuel 2 years 6 months ago #196930

Great news. Many thanks

E10 fuel 2 years 6 months ago #196934

Not my words but this was in an email from a retailer I buy parts from Discount MG Rover spares. I found it very useful.

We've all seen the uproar the move to E10 petrol seems to have caused - so we thought we'd clear things up a little.

It's worthy of note that while we've done a lot of research on the topic, the information below is put together purely as a 'helping hand' and your own judgment should be used.

It's no secret that MG Rover were a pioneering company and liked to 'push the envelope' when it came to technological advances - and the good news is that this approach was taken when it came to Ethanol-containing fuels too.
Europe moved to E10 petrol many years ago, and with their finger on the pulse as usual MG Rover (along with Land Rover) made sure that all vehicles from 1996 onwards were compatible with E10.
Land Rover have formally confirmed this on the Government website - however with MG Rover long gone there's no official way for the Government to confirm this and publish the information online.

The good news is that Land Rover used the K Series and KV6 engine from 1996 in the Freelander - along with a very similar fuel system and many shared components.
This, along with one of the ex-chief engineers for MG Rover confirming the compatibility of the new fuel when the UK launch was confirmed, means that any MG Rover from 1996 onwards will be absolutely fine to run on E10.

Any MG Rover made before 1996 is a trickier topic - while there weren't many changes made to the fuel system before and after this date, it's possible that the seals used aren't designed to be Ethanol-resistant.
We would recommend sticking with either E5 (Super unleaded will continue to be E5) or using a fuel-stabilising additive designed to help older cars run on E10 when filling.

Again, the information above is put together from the data available to us - but we are confident any MG Rover from 1996 onwards will be fine using E10.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JohnChax, grayr02

Last edit: Post by Bob.

E10 fuel 2 years 6 months ago #196936

Hi there-if its of interest -the French have been using E10 longer than we have .
Also the MGF Mk2 and TF with MEMS 3 are able to alter their fuelling ratios to suit different conditions so should be ok with E10 , I am trying out E10 in my TF

Mike
The following user(s) said Thank You: grayr02

E10 fuel 2 years 6 months ago #196937

Wow. That’s great thankyou for that👍

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT