Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

TF non starting solution. 2 years 7 months ago #196871

Just thought I would let people know of a problem and solution i had with my 2010 TF. The car has proved challenging since I bought it (that's another story!), but hopefully I am getting on top of the problems. Apologies to all you experienced people if this has been covered before, but I think this illustrates how we can deal with issues sharing information.

The car has been running well for the past few weeks. Last week when I went to use it, it refused to start. All dashboard lights came on, but when I turned the key the engine would not turn over. The immobiliser light was not on either. I thought it may be a battery problem or maybe something wrong with the alarm system. I was about to contact the garage to try to fix it, but decided to try the MG community on the internet first.

I had a number of suggestions and solutions. It appears this problem is not unknown, and in this case was easily solved by checking the spade connector on the starter motor.

I am grateful to all the people who helped me solve the problem. The car is now running well again. It seems that a problem I thought could be difficult and costly to repair was in fact free and easy.

Let's keep these forums running to help each other keep our cars on the road. Again apologies to all you experienced mechanics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper, BruceTF135

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT