• Page:

Topic

Radio 2 years 7 months ago #196823

• Bobb's Avatar Topic Author
  • Bobb
  • Apprentice MGer
  • Apprentice MGer
Hi,
I’ve only had my MG TF 6 months and it cam with a rubbish radio, can I please have a few suggestions for a replacement.
How easy is to fit a DAB aerial? And is it worth it?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Radio 2 years 7 months ago #196827

Last edit: Post by Bob.

Radio 2 years 7 months ago #196829

I also have a Sony DAB which I find is very good and if you get one like mine you don't need a DAB aerial as it has a built in signal amp, all I had to do was a couple of connections on the back of the radio before fitting. I originally thought my aerial was NFG and was prepared to change it but it works fine with the Sony so I kept it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

Radio 2 years 7 months ago #196837

Some years ago I fitted a Kenwood DAB+ radio and a 3db high-gain antenna on a ball mount opposite the existing FM antenna.
I get excellent DAB reception way out of the normal range from the transmitters.
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Radio 2 years 7 months ago #196838

Radio 2 years 7 months ago #196841

I have a Pioneer AVH - Dab, FM, CD, Satnav, mobile inbuilt. I bought from Germany an FM aerial converter to DAB so I can use the same MG FM radio for the DAB. DAB and FM work great. GPS receiver under the instrument cowl also works well.

I did not want crap cluttering up the cabin (DAB receiver, GPS receiver, mobile receiver) and to keep it as close to stock as possible. I have kept the original MG Philips radio incase I want to take it back to real stock.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT