Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Lowering the Hood 2 years 8 months ago #196688

I wonder just how many of us lower the hood without unzipping the rear screen? .....Peter

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Lowering the Hood 2 years 8 months ago #196690

In 10 years ownership I have never unzipped the screen !!!!

Lowering the Hood 2 years 8 months ago #196691

The zip on mine has been buggered for @ 3 1/2 years, so no unzipping that one. But I only use the car with the roof down.......to bloody hard for an old bastard like me to get in and out of a "bum in a bucket car" with the roof up!
I have a new roof to put on the car, when I get time to fit it.
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Lowering the Hood 2 years 8 months ago #196694

Hi everyone
when I first owned an MGF I did use the zip method, but then I had a TF with a glass screen which has no zip .
You do need to make sure that your wind stop( if you have one) is in the upright position before lowering the hood

Mike

Lowering the Hood 2 years 8 months ago #196697

LOL ...I thought as much. I must admit a never do... Cheers, Peter

Lowering the Hood 2 years 8 months ago #196707

Not so much lowering the hood as putting it back up again.As I said I was putting my hood back up after a wind in the hair moment, when I noticed a huge gap at the bottom of the B pillar?When I investigated further I found that a tiny ball joint had snapped of the adjustable thingy and the frame had moved inwards.Is it possible to get a new section of the B pillar rather than a whole new frame? I have only fitted this roof recently and it has a glass heated window so very expensive, any ideas anyone please?Also just in case can I still fit a hardtop with the roof in place even with the glass window?

Attachments:

Last edit: Post by Bertl. Reason: pic added

Lowering the Hood 2 years 8 months ago #196708

See G4wam above Carole re storing with Glass window ... Peter

Lowering the Hood 2 years 8 months ago #196717

That's not the issue, sorry if I misled you.
The problem I have is that there is a piece from the frame that has broken off and the is now a gap at the lower rear edge of the glass at the B pillar.

Lowering the Hood 2 years 8 months ago #196725

.......I have only fitted this roof recently and it has a glass heated window so very expensive, any ideas anyone please?Also just in case can I still fit a hardtop with the roof in place even with the glass window?

See if you can find someone who is breaking a car who can spare the bit you need.
Alternatively you can swap your new canvas onto another frame.
Yes, you can fit the hardtop over your folded soft top, even with a glass screen.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT