Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

engine low on power 2 years 8 months ago #196679

Hi Folks,

Hope everyone safe and well. Ifeel that my tf 135 is lower on power, has any one got any thoughts on how I can improve the power as its sluggish?

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

engine low on power 2 years 8 months ago #196682

The first thing to do is to establish that the car is running on full power.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

engine low on power 2 years 8 months ago #196696

I have found a vacuum pipe on the n/s/r of the car but is not attached to anything, anyone got any ideas where it goes?

Regards

engine low on power 2 years 7 months ago #196778

Are you sure that it is on the NEAR side rear of the car? The TF (certainly around 2004) had a strange vacuum controlled valve on the right-hand exhaust tailpipe. This is usually disconnected, plugged, and tied up out of the way when replacing the backbox. I believe that the valve was something to do with reducing noise at low revs (around town) for the USA market.

engine low on power 2 years 7 months ago #196783

Are you sure that it is on the NEAR side rear of the car? The TF (certainly around 2004) had a strange vacuum controlled valve on the right-hand exhaust tailpipe. This is usually disconnected, plugged, and tied up out of the way when replacing the backbox. I believe that the valve was something to do with reducing noise at low revs (around town) for the USA market.

The valve closed the off side exhaust.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

engine low on power 2 years 1 month ago #198589

Almost correct!!!! firstly the MGF &TF NEVER WENT TO America!!!! the vacuum controlled exhaust valve was to pass the ''drive by noise test'' by closing the off side exhaust pipe for drive by speeds. it was controlled by vacuum from the ECU and was 'opened' as speed increased. the valve normally seized in the open position. MG Rover dropped this device after a couple of years >

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT