Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

fuse 6 2 years 7 months ago #196533

anybody got any sugestions what will cause fuse 6 to blow. I keep loosing my windows operation. both fuses are good but each time I check fuse 6 is blown. The engine cooling fan works if I disconnect from the sensor on the engine, and the fan rotates freely.  Fuse 6 has also been updated to 20amps.
Any thoughts please

Please Log in to join the conversation.

fuse 6 2 years 7 months ago #196534

Hi and welcome to the forum

A couple of questions...

Which model do you have?
and
which fuse box, under the dash or in the engine bay?

If the fuse has been uprated (which isn't normally a good idea) and is still blowing there is obviously a fault somewhere, probably a short but it could be a component seizing up and drawing more current than the cable are designed for.

James

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

fuse 6 2 years 7 months ago #196539

You need to find out when the fuse blows. Does the fuse blows when you try to move one of the windows? If so might be that window motor seizing. If not might be fuse blows when fan tries to operate. In that case I would assume you have wire rubbing somewhere and you have bare metal toucing exposed wire and making short circuit. 
Boot hinge area is known of breaking wires but at this moment I do not know if this particular wire even passes though there - but worth to check.

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate. Reason: Sp

fuse 6 2 years 7 months ago #196547

Thanks for the replies, fuse box is under the dash. If plug is removed from sensor on engine fan runs OK. I must admit I have not checked if the windows trip the fuse or the fan, but window fuses are not blowing. Looks like lots of head scratching and swearing over the weekend. 

fuse 6 2 years 7 months ago #196548

Which model?
Different models have different fuse boxes.
Different fuseboxes use fuse 6 to control different circuits.

So

Which model please?

fuse 6 2 years 7 months ago #196549

Thanks for the replies, fuse box is under the dash. If plug is removed from sensor on engine fan runs OK. I must admit I have not checked if the windows trip the fuse or the fan, but window fuses are not blowing. Looks like lots of head scratching and swearing over the weekend. 

Actualy there is a little help on this subject:
1) as soon as you give contact on the ignition switch windows relay is powered. If fuse is blown in that stage you need to look from windows relay to fusebox. (fuse 6 gives power to both windows fuses through windows relay; since windows fuses do not have power on them they will not burn).
2) if no fuse blown when you give contact then most probably problem is in the wiring (or terminals contacts) from cooling fan relay to the cooling fan.

fuse 6 2 years 7 months ago #196550

Which model?

So

Which model please?

Pektron model MG TF does not use Fuse number 6 at all. Lucas models MG F and MG TF all use Fuse number 6 to power only cooling fan and both windows.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

fuse 6 2 years 7 months ago #196560

Which model?

So

Which model please?
Pektron model MG TF does not use Fuse number 6 at all. Lucas models MG F and MG TF all use Fuse number 6 to power only cooling fan and both windows.

It is not unresonable to ask the OP to give full information.

fuse 6 2 years 7 months ago #196567

Yes, you are correct, it is not unreasonable to ask.

I just provided info why I did not ask the same question.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT