Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

E10 fuel 2 years 8 months ago #196494

Anyone know if E10 fuel ok in the TF. Got website no help.  I gather potential issue is hose deterioration . Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:E10 fuel 2 years 8 months ago #196495

Anyone know if E10 fuel ok in the TF. Got website no help.  I gather potential issue is hose deterioration . Thanks

Land Rover who used the K series in the past have stated no issues with engines from 1996, but if you lay up your car it's probably worth using fuel stabilisation additives as it is hygroscopic.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

E10 fuel 2 years 8 months ago #196497

Many thanks for that info

E10 fuel 2 years 8 months ago #196503

Apparently some of MG/Rovers development engineers were at the MGF25 event at Gaydon yesterday. They were saying that the company built all cars since 1996 for E10 fuel.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bob, pgew, sworkscooper, Ratherton, stuart 56

E10 fuel 2 years 7 months ago #196576

Thanks for this - I was just reading about this again this morning and was wondering - thank goodness for this forum!!!

E10 fuel 2 years 7 months ago #196680

I think we have had E10 in Devon/Cornwall for a while and I've had no problems with the mgtf.
However, my strimmer fuel line hates it and has rotted away over last winter's layup, seems I should have drained it out.

E10 fuel 2 years 7 months ago #196681

E10 doesn't come on stream until September.
Suppliers have been allowed to label pumps before then.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

E10 fuel 2 years 7 months ago #196686

Here in South Western Ontario, Canada, E10 has been available for close to 20 years now. Both of our 1995 Fs have been sipping on E10 since they were imported in 2010. In the past 11 years and combine 40,000 miles, neither car has shown signs of any ill effects of E10. The main one that I was concerned about the plastic fuel lines and hoses, none have gone soft or cracked, nor dripping fuel and no rubber o-rings have gone to mush. I expect that the o-rings must be made of viton or some other E10 compatible elastomer and the plastic fuel lines and hoses are also made of an E10 compatible plastic.
Mark
95 MGF
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, Bob, Roverlike, boilertrol, sworkscooper, Pharg55

E10 fuel 2 years 6 months ago #196878

The Daily Mirror listed the MGF, TF and Rover 45 as vehicles not compatible with E10 fuel in an online article today. Given the answers above, this all has the hysterical whiff of what happened and was said when unleaded petrol was introduced. I ran my Frogeye Sprite for years on unleaded with the odd glug of Redex and never had any valve seat erosion. My TF will perhaps get it's first fill of E10 later today.....

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT