Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

fitting of new rubber coolant pipes 2 years 9 months ago #196470

I am helping a mate get a project mgtf 2003 back on the road. I've helped him fit a new clutch and sort out the subframe. What I'm struggling with is fitting the rubber coolant hoes to the engine, or rather what pipe goes where. I'm looking at hose numbers 38 and 39. if I take 38 the large z shaped one. Standing at the rear of the car looking forwards does it connect to the right or left stainless underfloor pipe and the other end to the metal coolant rail on the engine? If I get one sorted I'm sure the other is obvious.
we had a box of hoses and clips but no idea where they go.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:fitting of new rubber coolant pipes 2 years 9 months ago #196486

Have a look on Rimmers website, they have exploded drawings that may give you a clue.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Re:fitting of new rubber coolant pipes 2 years 8 months ago #196491

Hi, I did have a look on rimmers that's where I nicked the diagram from shhh. That's where the confusion, well in my head anyway begins. The diagram for the coolant hose shows front radiator pipes and rear engine side coolant pipes and so the pipe labeled 38 in the drawing connects to the underfloor pipe and on the other end coolant pipe No 34 to the radiator. So on the left side of car viewing from the rear. However,  I then find a diagram

Which I assume gives the impression it's connected to the righthand side of the car.

its a 2003 mgtf with pipes as per both the diagrams included.

Attachments:

Re:fitting of new rubber coolant pipes 2 years 8 months ago #196508

David
:shrug:
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT