Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Central locking ? 2 years 9 months ago #196236

Hi All ,My central locking will only open the doors, when I press the lock side of the fob  there is a click on the door lever and it moves slightly down but does not lock the car,.will lock with the key, I have tried the key in door code and disconnected the battery but it still will not lock.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Terminator.

Central locking ? 2 years 9 months ago #196247

Hi, which year and model of TF do you have?

Central locking ? 2 years 9 months ago #196249

Hi, It is a 2005 MG TF 135 with 13000 miles. no problem when I bought the car in March 2021, but about 2 weeks ago I went to lock it and it would not lock with the fob. Thanks.

Central locking ? 2 years 9 months ago #196251

Sounds like the door lock mech is faulty. The switches and motors can fail. One thing to look at, which prevented mine from locking is the small nylon bush on one of the link rods that holds the rod in place (cant remember if its the one in the door handle or not). This stops one of the switches from making properly and the door tries to lock, then unlocks again straight away. I used a small Meccano rubber bush to replace it with and its been fine since.
Sundance
The following user(s) said Thank You: Terminator

Central locking ? 2 years 9 months ago #196253

Hi . Can you lock the car with the key in the drivers door lock ?  Last year I dealt with a problem on a TF ( not mine )  and found that the drivers door lock was seized up and caused all sorts of problems . 
John 

Central locking ? 2 years 9 months ago #196329

Hi sworkscouper, Yes, the door will lock and unlock with the key easily, new battery in the fob too. 👍

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT