Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Window Electrics 2 years 10 months ago #195957

Hi all
I,m looking for some advice
The drivers side window was stuck in the open position and refusing to go up. I checked the switch and that,s ok.  The SCU relay was replaced last year but checked it out and that was ok but changed it anyway.
I tested the wires going into the regulator and getting 12 plus volts going down but zero going up. 
I took the regulator out and all was working fine, the motor runs both ways if power is taken directly from the battery. So looks like a wiring problem from the motor to the fuse, but not sure how to proceed  and fix the problem.
Any advice is much appreciated

Martin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by martin l.

Window Electrics 2 years 10 months ago #195959

Hi . I used to work for the company that makes the famous Black Cab . This was an issue that happened after years on the road where the door had been opened and closed numerous times at the point in the loom where the cables go from door to door pillar , which used to fracture several  wires at that point . It is usual at this point to route the cables on all cars through a rubber bellows . You could try at that point by pulling the bellows out of the door or pillar and check the condition of the wiring  but of course it could be anywhere 
Hope you find it .
John 

The following user(s) said Thank You: martin l

Window Electrics 2 years 10 months ago #195969

Thanks John will give it a try

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT