Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Hardtop fitting 3 years 2 weeks ago #195480

So I almost bought a hardtop today, it was a little ropey (not as described) so when I couldn't get it to fit i was happy enough to walk away. I had one a few years back so know how it fits...

Since I had my last hardtop I have fitted a glass soft top - does this prevent a hardtop being fitted? There's no way mine was going flat enough to get this particular top to fit....I wasn't aware there are different specs of hardtop?

One thing I noticed was that this one didn't have two bits of rubber at the back beneath the glass window that I'm sure my other one had, but even with that it was still too high up at the back.

And help appreciated!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Hardtop fitting 3 years 2 weeks ago #195482

I've got a glass window in my soft top and can fit a hard top with it folded. The hard top sits on top of the rim of the cockpit,
The following user(s) said Thank You: mrtsbrother

Hardtop fitting 3 years 2 weeks ago #195484

Fitted hard top to MGF and MGTF , both with glass rear windows, no issues.

Cheers

Mark

Re:Hardtop fitting 3 years 2 weeks ago #195485

I'm not sure where I was going wrong then, I don't even have the dead dog insulation in!

Last edit: Post by mrtsbrother.

Hardtop fitting 3 years 2 weeks ago #195486

I don't have a hardtop but I do have a tonneau cover, which fits tightly over the folded hood.  It fits exactly the same with the glass-windowed hood I now have as it did with the old plastic-windowed hood.  Have you lubricated all of the pivot points in the hood frame?  It might help.  I give mine a tiny drop of 3-in-1 once a year at every pivot point and the hood operates beautifully.

Hardtop fitting 3 years 1 week ago #195487

Is the soft top folding properly?

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Re:Hardtop fitting 3 years 1 week ago #195494

Clearly not as the last time I tried my tonneau it was really tight. I'll have a fiddle with it

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT