Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

For those who have installed an integrated multi-media head unit 3 years 2 weeks ago #195477

Over the weekend, I ditched my MGF factory fitted head unit (which I shall keep in storage in case...) and fitted an all-singing, all-dancing Pioneer multi-media head unit. All working except that some functions are greyed out until I have connected the 'handbrake' lead. I do not want to do a cheat so the question I have is for those who connected this lead up properly, where exactly did you pick up the connection point? It is supposed to be connected up to the power side of the handbrake. Before I start to unwind miles of wiring loom to find the correct wire, it would be nice to ascertain how others did it. Many thanks for your help.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

For those who have installed an integrated multi-media head unit 3 years 2 weeks ago #195478

The electrical circuit diagrams available from the Community tab on the site should help.  There is a 'live' feed to the handbrake switch and brake fluid level switch (they share a warning light) which comes from the dashboard brake warning light.  In the TF, it's black/white.

For those who have installed an integrated multi-media head unit 3 years 2 weeks ago #195479

Yes, I have all the diagrams at home and you are right - it is the Black and white tracer wire (MGF as well). In the absence of any advice, I shall break into the wire at the passenger fuse box.

For those who have installed an integrated multi-media head unit 3 years 1 week ago #195490

It is easy to get to the handbrake switch by popping out the ashtray and maybe the lower box in the console between the seats.

Run a feed down the dash to the switch.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT