Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

DRLs 3 years 3 weeks ago #195273

Hello everyone.
I'm new to this forum, having obtained the F only a few months ago. I have noted a number of posts around the place on Daytime Running Lights and was wondering what you thought of this idea. It works well on my B, but I am a little concerned that it might disturb some of the electronics - this is the most modern car I have ever owned.
The left hand relay detects that the engine is running, and the right hand one powers the head lights,

Thanks, Kim
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

DRLs 3 years 3 weeks ago #195274

• Cobber
  • Away
  • '97 MGF 1.8 MPI
I don't see it as a problem
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

DRLs 3 years 3 weeks ago #195278

This might help.
https://www.the-t-bar.com/forum/54-how-tos/96076-daytime-running-lights-cob-led-halo-s-for-the-tf#184927
David
:shrug:

DRLs 3 years 2 weeks ago #195284

The MGF uses the oil pressure switch to control the heated rear window circuit so there is a possibility that this set up may affect that.

Personally I would use a feed from the ignition position 2.

James

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

DRLs 3 years 2 weeks ago #195290

Thank you.
David, I did read Sundance's post and thought "I like that". I even bought a set of the halo lights before I realised the headlights on the MGF were unsuitable. NEWBIE!
And James, thank you I didn't know that. I don't have a heated rear window, so that isn't an issue. I will be using IGN II for power, but I need a signal that the engine is actually running.. I was going to use the alternator light, since I designed this for my MGB, and as you may know, the B doesn't have an oil pressure switch.

DRLs 3 years 2 weeks ago #195294

If you're not going to get a heated rear window you may be able to take oil pressure switch signal from the HRW circuit and use it for the DRL.

If you haven't found it yet there are wiring diagrams in downloads under the community tab at the top of every page of the website.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Re:DRLs 3 years 2 weeks ago #195298

Don't you also need a relay to cut power to the drls when the headlights are on ?

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

DRLs 3 years 2 weeks ago #195299

There are many dedicated control units that are available on Ebay that will switch or dim the DRL's depending on how your headlights are operating. I also added a couple of isolating relays to cut each side out if the indicators are flashing. With the indicators close to the Halo rings, this is adviseable as the brightness of the LED's will obscure the indicator operation.

Sundance

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT