Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

French car insurance 3 years 3 months ago #194960

• Winko's Avatar Topic Author
  • Winko
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
Any ex-pats on the forum who have got experience of insuring their car in France? Roxy's currently on UK plates, but I'll get her onto French ones in coming months. 
Thanks, Winko

Please Log in to join the conversation.

French car insurance 3 years 3 months ago #194961

• VVC160
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
  • Van (not yet a camper) driver nowadays
May I send you warnings or require information about things occur fron your side???!!!.....
I bought my first TF in Kent in 2011, was able to REG it by gathering a COC, (passing then) a contrôle technique,  a quitus fiscal added to the bill of sale - THAT BEING AT A TIME WITH PREFECTURE AGENTS!
Nowadays, it's online sercices, so nobody to speak to ("noname" buddies).... with mad ones, unaware about MG Rover story.... Telling each time various rantings about MG (although many sites links given to send them back to reality) & fluctuating "new" rules, wishing me to pay 90€ for a DREAL check, which is cheaper than the MGR C&C document whose watermarked paper doesn't appear thru a data scan file!!!!!
So, that is to point my Somerset 2005 TF.... sourced via Ebay in September 19, 15 months ago.. is still on UK plates...
After my previous 2003 TF insurance company loss (1 month delay until you need new documents of your own) I was lucky to find another company (not having no document to give once month gone) that could cover me the whole year (& once again last September)... so, just have furfther on to get the second CT (french CT/MOT being two yrs period  <<<<< BTW, they don't require anymore the COCs!!!!!).
So, finally, I would say (don't buy a COC too quickly, as ANTS online people don't trust them, as DREAL is even cheaper!
Bonne chance & patience pour votre immatriculation.... Merci de me tenir au courant (je suis encore à en avoir besoin pour revendre l'auto)....
Olivier & sa TF115 _ contact TF160 chez sfr.fr ________

The following user(s) said Thank You: talkingcars

Last edit: Post by VVC160. Reason: mod

French car insurance 3 years 3 months ago #194985

• Winko
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
Merci Olivier,
Thank you for your input and advice.
Which French insurance company are you using, please?
Winko

French car insurance 3 years 3 months ago #194986

Hi Winko . Do I take it that you are leaving these shores for good ? Was it something we said ?   8-)
John

French car insurance 3 years 3 months ago #194988

• Bertl
  • in the middle of the midlife crisis

Hi Winko . Do I take it that you are leaving these shores for good ? Was it something we said ?   8-)
John

Not said, John, not said. What you did. ;)
as ever,
Rob
http://www.reliant-scimitar.weebly.com/

French car insurance 3 years 3 months ago #194994

>:( 

French car insurance 3 years 3 months ago #194995

• Winko
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
Yup. We've been slowly building a place in the Auvergne for the past 10 years and I'm now here for the forseeable future, aiming to finish the house this year. Unfortunately, in May my wife is retiring from her UK job, so will be joining me. I'll miss the peace and quiet, but will enjoy the food, as she's a chef.
I won't be disappearing from the forum though, as Roxy's safely here. As soon as the snow melts we'll be able to start terrorising the area. 
All I need to do now is get a garage built, so I don't have to talk to the wife outside meal times...... 

French car insurance 3 years 3 months ago #194996

......Unfortunately, in May my wife is retiring from her UK job, so will be joining me...........
......., so I don't have to talk to the wife outside meal times...... 

That sounds really sad, I do hope it is said tounge in cheak.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

French car insurance 3 years 3 months ago #194997

• Winko
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
Hi TC,
What's sad about wanting a garage!!
If it's my marital situation you're referring to, don't worry! Here's a clue to how serious I am: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/customer-reviews/R2OO9JXI3H13OR?ref=pf_ov_at_pdctrvw_srp
I've also got a cracking mistress....
W

The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT