Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Soft top waterproofing 3 years 4 months ago #194691

Apologies if I'm covering old ground here - looking for recommendations/experience with proofing products. Renova seems to get generally positive feedback, but what about Fabsil products (marketed for tents, etc., but ....?). I'd prefer something that can be applied with a brush or sponge, hate those spray bottles.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Soft top waterproofing 3 years 4 months ago #194692

I've used Fabsil many times, with good results, water beads on the surface. Also worth applying a fabric dye beforehand if your hood is faded.

Soft top waterproofing 3 years 4 months ago #194717

I can recommend Renovo as I've used it twice on two different soft tops. Also used the dye and it does make a difference, but you need a nice warm still day to apply it and plenty of covers for the paintwork.

Soft top waterproofing 3 years 4 months ago #194724

I also agree Renovo Is a first-class product, but do mask up bodywork with plastic decorators covers and I use cling film on the rear window or have a bucket of water and sponge handy. However careful you try to be specks of the dye seems magnetically attracted to bodywork and screen

Soft top waterproofing 3 years 4 months ago #194786

Thanks everyone. I actually came across something called GTechniq I1 Smart Fabric v2 (Ultimate Protection for Fabric Soft Tops, apparently) - found some folks raving about it. Anyway, no opportunity to apply it yet, but I'll try and remember to come back and update once I have done so, and given it a chance to prove itself.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT