Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

MGTF Rear Long Trailing Arms 3 years 5 months ago #194640

Hi All

Looking to replace my Rear Trailing Arms (Long) - What a price from Rimmers!

As the arms can be re-furbished i.e. cleaned and repainted. I have been looking at the possibility of changing the bushes. However, cannot find anyone on the internet who supplys them!

The railing arms are RGD000620 and RDG000630 are the ones I am looking at.

Someone must make replacement bushes poly or even rubber. Anyone refurbished these parts? Where did you get the bushes?

Robert

Please Log in to join the conversation.

MGTF Rear Long Trailing Arms 3 years 5 months ago #194641

The following user(s) said Thank You: Fisher

MGTF Rear Long Trailing Arms 3 years 5 months ago #194645

Hi Robert

I often find the part number on the Rimmers website and then do an internet search using the part number to find the best prices, I think I got the trailing arms for half the Rimmers price.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fisher

MGTF Rear Long Trailing Arms - Updated 3 years 5 months ago #194648

Hi All
Thought an update would be appreciated. Yes (Bob - Thanks) you can get the trailing arm bushes - Borge & Beck Link Assy Bush - Rover, MG BSK 7494 for £33.46 the pair.

Now for the outer trackrod end type jounts. Came across a posting on the MG-Rover Forum by a chap called Adam MGTF - 2009:

https://www.mg-rover.org/threads/rear-trailing-track-rod-end-for-tf-i-have-found-it-and-saved-everyone-%C2%A3150.451051/

He located joints, but never confirmed that they will fit the taper joint. Theses were:
Fai Joints SS699 /SS698, so have purchased one (£11.00).

On the surface they look OK. but still need to check taper compliance, which I can only do next week when I borrow a spare hub from a friend. So will update on that. Plus dimension details.

If it works will save approx £110.00 on refurbed replacements.

Anyone go any thoughts?

Robert

Last edit: Post by Fisher. Reason: spelling

MGTF Rear Long Trailing Arms - Updated 3 years 4 months ago #194707

Hi All - Thought I would close-off this thread. Well only part success has been achived!

First the wishbone/trailing arm bush, which I thought would be the easiest (sorry Bob). Is only for the shock absorbers, does not, and will not fit the training arm. Marking on the original part indicated it was a TRW Joint 024 0007 633 009 653 - Which is not manufactured anymore. Those in the know have told me that the bush is metallastic, which means the inner part of the bush needs to move with the travel of the suspension. So, a polybush could not be used. Polybush never even replied to my query so have forgotten that avenue unless someone informs me with further recommendations. Finally, did look a rose-joints but could not find a suitable replacement ( maybe someone else can pick this up?)

Secondly, the outer joint is a standard track-rod end. Original was also a TRW joint 022 0002 312 009 - Again, not manufactured any more. However the Fai Joints SS699 /SS698. fit perfectly, and the taper matches the hub.

So, yes the outer joints can be replaced. But the inner not at this stage.

Finally, my thread on the shorter trailing joints.

https://www.the-t-bar.com/forum/9-mgf-tf-pitstop/97262-another-rear-trailing-arm-question-but-the-short-one-this-time

Yes, the adjustable ones can replace the fixed. So that thread is also now closed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, Bob

MGTF Rear Long Trailing Arms - Updated 3 years 4 months ago #194735

I know that you have closed the post but they can be bought a lot cheaper than Rimmers. I bought mine from MGFnTFBITZ.
www.mgfntfbitz.co.uk

MG TF NEW RGD000630 N/S REAR TRAILING ARM TIE BAR LINK FREE 24 HR DELIVERY
Completed

Last edit: Post by Seamus. Reason: Added web address

MGTF Rear Long Trailing Arms - Updated 3 years 4 months ago #194736

Hi I was not looking at buying, but refurbing.

Robert

• Page:
Time to create page: 1.691 seconds