Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Can anyone Identify this coolant Pipe? 3 years 5 months ago #194597

Hi All

The following picture shows a coolant pipe (No 14) by I cannot identify it on Rimmers or other MG spares sites. Tried a visual search on the web but no luck.

Does anyone know the part number?

Also, in the experience of the forum members which is the most vulnerable engine bay coolant rubber pipe for failure?

Regards

Robert

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Bertl. Reason: pic added

Can anyone Identify this coolant Pipe? 3 years 5 months ago #194599

If you are looking for the pipes that go to/from the heater - PEH100850 and PEH100850UR.

But the diagrams are not clear so I understand your question. The better diagrams have always been the Microfiche which the dealers used in the 90's. More accurate and complete.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fisher

Last edit: Post by julianfoulger.

Can anyone Identify this coolant Pipe? 3 years 5 months ago #194600

Does this help? This is microfiche is for very early cars so the part numbers may have been superseded.

Mark
95 MGF
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by mowog73.

Can anyone Identify this coolant Pipe? 3 years 5 months ago #194601

Hi Mowog73
I see in your pic that small 90 degree pipe (14) I am trying to find the part number does not exist. Your microfiche shows that the end of the steel heater pipe goes straight into your microfiche number 5 pipe. So I assume that my image if you ignore pipe 14, it may also go straight into pipe 15 in my image.

Confusing or what, considering my image cam from the workshop manual. So, I think I will rely on your image.

Thanks

Robert

Can anyone Identify this coolant Pipe? 3 years 5 months ago #194602

Hi Robert,

Yes, 14 is part of 15, which is coolant house PEH000090. It is confusing.

I'm working at converting parts microfiches for 1997 and 1999 into pdf, hoping that confusions like this will be made clearer by being able to look at these different microfiches and see what part was superseded by another.

Mark
Mark
95 MGF

Can anyone Identify this coolant Pipe? 3 years 5 months ago #194606

Matk

I see you pic for is an MGF. My car is a TF (2004). Would you anticipate the hoses to be different?

If not am happy to use your microfiche.

Regards and thanks for your time and input.

Robert

Can anyone Identify this coolant Pipe? 3 years 5 months ago #194608

Looking at Rimmer's website, they do say up to a certain VIN for that hose, so I think its for all cars, whereas there is a different section for hoses associated with the thermostat, which is different between the cars.

Mark
Mark
95 MGF

Can anyone Identify this coolant Pipe? 3 years 5 months ago #194610

Invalid or non-existent item ID.It's not these, is it?

Can anyone Identify this coolant Pipe? 3 years 5 months ago #194611

Those hoses are part of the interior heater system, not the engine coolant system.
Mark
95 MGF

Can anyone Identify this coolant Pipe? 3 years 5 months ago #194614

I see you pic for is an MGF. My car is a TF (2004). Would you anticipate the hoses to be different?

Robert - the big change is that earlier cars had a thermostat in the block, later cars have a remote PRT.

James

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Can anyone Identify this coolant Pipe? 3 years 5 months ago #194615

Those hoses are part of the interior heater system, not the engine coolant system.

Ah, sorry.

The listing says "These hoses connect the engine bay hoses to the steel pipes that pass through the tunnel between the seats to the heater". I thought that was what the OP was looking for. TBF, the listing also says they are for cars without a PRT, so they'd probably be wrong for a 2004 car anyway.

• Page:
Time to create page: 1.045 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT