Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Mg Tf Exhaust heat sheild 3 years 5 months ago #194552

Any suggestions ideas greatly accepted.

I have seen a lot of posts regarding the exhaust silencer heat shield dropping to bits, along with comments about leaving it off or its an original part so must have been required.
Mine is also crumbling completely apart all along the two ends where it bolts to the underside of the car. I did see you can get stainless steel replacements from Rimmer Bro at £99.
However, I was hoping to try and repair the original and save a bit of cash. I was drawn towards perhaps wrapping the two ends in exhaust mesh and stiffening up both these edges and pop riveting this to the old shield.
https://www.carbuilder.com/uk/embossed-aluminium-heat-shield-1000mm-x-1000mm

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Mg Tf Exhaust heat sheild 3 years 5 months ago #194555

Mike Satur has one on clearance for £86.96 here
https://www.mikesatur.co.uk/MGF-and-MGTF-Stainless-Steel-Exhaust-Heat-Shield-by-Mike-Satur

You'll struggle to attach anything to the existing shield which is a fibre based item. I used some ali heatshield material from a scraped mini but any modern will have something usable if you want to keep the cost down.

Last edit: Post by MGmike.

Mg Tf Exhaust heat sheild 3 years 5 months ago #194556

I took mine off, as it was falling off anyway, about a year ago. ive had no issues since, but i dont carry frozen things in my boot etc. I have a roll of ''nimbus'' heat shield that ive use for similar things before. I plan to shape and bolt it to the original fixings, but i havent found the will power to go under and do it yet.

Mg Tf Exhaust heat sheild 3 years 5 months ago #194557

That will power seems to ebb and flow with the weather, and more flow in my case as well

Mg Tf Exhaust heat sheild 3 years 5 months ago #194561

I used Aluminium filler, from eBay, normally used for alloy wheel scuffs. It sets really hard and adheres really well, you can file it to shape when set.

Mike

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT