Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

MGTF steel Heater Pipes 3 years 5 months ago #194534

Hi All

Has anyone fitted the (gear cable tunnel) heater pipes? Wondering how difficult it is, so looking for hints tips and any problen you have experienced.

Regards

Robert

Please Log in to join the conversation.

MGTF steel Heater Pipes 3 years 5 months ago #194535

Hello Robert, they are easy enough to do, there is a bridge plate to be removed and then its just a case of easing one of the rubber pipes off and catching the water. I had more trouble with bleeding the system afterwards, a common problem, which took several attempts. I believe CJJ has a How to on the TBar forum.

Mike
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fisher

MGTF steel Heater Pipes 3 years 5 months ago #194551

Hi Mike - CJJ referes to the underbody pipes to the radiator. I am refering to the steel pipes in the (transmission) interior tunnel that hold the gear cables, and the pipe feeds the heater.

I would have thought that the center consul would have to be removed, but not sure?

Robert

MGTF steel Heater Pipes 3 years 5 months ago #194570

......I would have thought that the center consul would have to be removed, but not sure?

Robert

Even then I'm not sure they will come out easily, the best option is to slide the pipes out in to the engine bay when the subframe is out.

I have been toying with the idea of taking a feed off the hoses at the front where they run to the cooling rad, and also fitting a front mounted PRT.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fisher

MGTF steel Heater Pipes 3 years 5 months ago #194584

Speaking to a couple of mobile mechanics. It appears that the removal of the pipes is a real pain in the rear. Have been told that the T Bar needs to be remobed and the arm-rest down to the cubby etc. The centre consul needs to be removed and one said also the seats ( but I think that was more for removal comfort). Trying to remove them from the rear, again, one mechanic indicated that the subframe needs to be dropped!

Add to this the rear pipe/cable closure plate is a pig to remove (rusty bolts - surprise!).

So not an easy job "Well done" MG-Rover Designers.

Robert

MGTF steel Heater Pipes 3 years 5 months ago #194592

Speaking to a couple of mobile mechanics. It appears that the removal of the pipes is a real pain in the rear. Have been told that the T Bar needs to be remobed and the arm-rest down to the cubby etc. The centre consul needs to be removed and one said also the seats ( but I think that was more for removal comfort). Trying to remove them from the rear, again, one mechanic indicated that the subframe needs to be dropped!

Add to this the rear pipe/cable closure plate is a pig to remove (rusty bolts - surprise!).

So not an easy job "Well done" MG-Rover Designers.

Robert

Fully concur. The closure plate is a pain but can be done, with replacing the pipes, without a subframe drop. Mind you, I took a week to do it (ie I took my time). I remember that there was one particular bolt that was right behind the subframe. Got it our using a small spanner but took a couple of hours.

Last edit: Post by julianfoulger.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT