Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Pscan and 5as Fobs 3 years 5 months ago #194355

This is a follow on to my previous post about an MG TF with a 5 as that has super locked both doors and when the fob button is pressed will not cancel the immobilizer . Do I presume that for Pscan to re educate the 5as to the fobs the alarm state has to be neutral and not armed as is the case at present . I'm not sure what has gone wrong with this car ( not my car ) as the tale that was given was that it would not start . When I first looked at it the alarm / immobilizer was flashing on the dash and the familiar be,bop,be,bop sound when the key was turned to start . Just to clarify that the fob batteries and main battery are ok . With the hood back am i looking at clambering into the car to remove the 5as and send it and the fobs to Paul Brown aka Technozen ? Unfortunately the car is few miles from where I live so not convenient to look at .

John

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Pscan and 5as Fobs 3 years 5 months ago #194358

Have you tried to press unlock button on the fob after you turned the key , and got be-bop sound to see if immobilizer will go of? Do not mind fact that it should happen automatically.

Second thing to consider is: have batteries in the fob been changed and not resynced with the car? 4 quick press of unlock button?

Third thing to consider is car at place which become infected with high interferrence of source like broken microwave nextdoor, or broken wifi door bell, or anything wireless which might interferre the fob frequency? In these cases sometimes helps to push car furrher down the driveway in order to move from high interferrence field and then fobs might start working.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

Last edit: Post by Roverlike. Reason: Additinal info

Pscan and 5as Fobs 3 years 5 months ago #194359

No I've not tried that as in theory the hood would be closed and as the doors are double locked you wouldn't be able to insert the key in the ignition , but I will try next time I'm messing with it . The batteries in the both fobs are okay and I have tried to sync them . Your third thought reminds me of when I was working for London Taxis when we had a similar high frequency radio transmitter interfering with cabs stood on a certain taxi rank . The double / super locking problem only occurred when the guy who owns the TF jiggled the sill button up and down several times while the car was still immobilized before I could stop him . I have just taken my TF out for a spin and thought I would check to see if my ( Pektron ) system would super lock with two presses of the lock button . I'm a bit puzzled as I only have to press the lock button once and it goes to super lock . The car with the fault is a 5 as system but I thought they would be the same in operation . Thanks for your thoughts , it will be next week before I have another go . I can see me having to remove the 5 as and send it away to Technozen for him to sort out .
John

Pscan and 5as Fobs 3 years 5 months ago #194366

Do you have the EKA code? That would allow you to turn off the immobiliser using the key.
Nigel

Pscan and 5as Fobs 3 years 5 months ago #194367

Hi Nigel . Yes I found the EKA through Pscan . There are two presumably because of an ECU change , but the doors are dead locked and this has made key lock.in the door not able to turn . Don't know if that's what happens with a dead lock situation but it won't turn .
John

Pscan and 5as Fobs 3 years 5 months ago #194368

I may be wrong, but I did not think the dead locking process stopped the key barrel from turning. Surely the whole point of the EKA is a get out of jail card. Could it be the key is not a perfect fit in the barrel? My sons TF has about 6 keys that look identical but only two actually turn in the lock. Do you have a second key to try?
Maybe try easing the non working key out a little to see if it will then turn.

Pscan and 5as Fobs 3 years 5 months ago #194369

Yes I've tried the other key and the lock just doesn't turn either way . I just don't understand why the fobs aren't being recognised by the immobiliser. Might try WD in the lock to see if that helps .

Pscan and 5as Fobs 3 years 5 months ago #194373

Okay so today I returned to look at the fuses under the bonnet and they all test ok . My next port of call was to see if I could jiggle the drivers door lock but to no avail . Had a bit of think and decided to remove the inertia switch that's located on the inside of the engine bay passenger side . My thought process being that if you have a crash and the doors were super locked it would release that part of the system with the impact . With the switch unbolted I simply gave the switch a firm tap to operate the switch and voila , both door pins popped up ! I can now open the doors , but the main fault is still there as the immobilizer is still not responding to pressing either of the fobs . The EKA is still no help as the drivers door lock feels as though some part of the locking is still engaged , in that the key will not turn . The mystery continues as they say !
John

Pscan and 5as Fobs 3 years 5 months ago #194375

That was very clever thinking regarding the inertia switch and dead locking.
I did look up the lock movement under deadlocking on the R25 forum and it should rotate. Maybe someone has changed the lock at some point in its history.

Pscan and 5as Fobs 3 years 5 months ago #194376

As you are saying fobs in plural, I am asuming you have two fobs you are trying at car? If so I am puzzled how come both of them stopped working.

I would suggest one thing - have you tried to replace, not check, but replace two fuses with new good ones 15 amps rating. One is in under bonnet fusebox number #3, and the other is in the passenger compartment fusebox (under steering wheel), number #14.

This is attempt to be sure alarm has good power, but in the same time attempt to reset the alarm in case it is in some inbetween state which it not suppose to be.

Also what is the voltage on the car battery?

Last edit: Post by Roverlike. Reason: Additional info

Pscan and 5as Fobs 3 years 5 months ago #194377

Having spoken to Paul Brown this evening regarding this problem , he says that the SCU sounds like it has a failed radio receiver. This afternoon I tested with a power probe ALL the fuses both in the car and under the bonnet and they are fine . The main battery has had a drop test and it's remained steady at 12.4 volts..Both fob batteries are ok and do not respond to re sync. Other than me removing the SCU and sending them to Technozen ,is for the car to be recovered to M&G in Bradford for Darren there to couple it to T4. :yesnod:

John

Last edit: Post by sworkscooper. Reason: Missed a bit .

Pscan and 5as Fobs 3 years 5 months ago #194379

The super locking on 5as ( Lucas square fob ) and Pektron ( Oval fob ) cars differs in that to operate super locking on Lucas cars you have to double press the lock button . On Pektron cars it super locks with one press. I didn't know this until I checked my Pektron TF yesterday. The Key being changed on the faulty TF was disproved as the owners hand book gives the key code and the tag is still on one of the key rings .

Last edit: Post by sworkscooper. Reason: Spelling
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT