Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

MG TF Suspension Arms 3 years 7 months ago #194146

Hi All I am relacing the front upper suspention arms on my 2004 TF.

Ordered the arts from Rimmer and they have sent the ones shown below. The Drivers side is as on the car, so not problem, but the passender is not the same as on the car but shown as correct in their catelogue.

Before I talk to them tomorrow what are your thoughts?

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate. Reason: Inserted photos

MG TF Suspension Arms 3 years 7 months ago #194147

I think that's for the Chinese built MG TF. The shock fits on the dog leg bolt instead of having bolt through bottom eye.
The original part seem in short supply.
There is one herehttps://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-MGTF-UPPER-FRONT-SUSPENSION-ARM-ASSEMBLY-LEFT-HAND-RBJ000850-/171361708477

Regards Kevin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fisher

MG TF Suspension Arms 3 years 7 months ago #194152

Just spoke to Rimmers the new design Suspension arm is a Chinese update, usually put on the LE 500, as you indicated Kevin.

So happy there is not a problem. As far as torquing the nuts, they could not offer a tourque setting, and suggested, loctiting the threads.

Thanks again and hope this helps others in the future.

Robert

MG TF Suspension Arms - Update 3 years 7 months ago #194154

Update for those who are interested.

Crash bar armature easy to remove: 2 lower bolts two upper nuts each side. Also helps if you free headlights to enable access to upper nuts.

Whilst doing this. Had a moment of inspiration (I think). It would save a lot of time if the longitudinal member has an inspection cut into it near to the nut on the upper arm shaft. I do not think the member is structual (but could be wrong). The access opening could be close with a steel plate.

If this was posiible would save removing bumper etc. Naturally too late for me now!

Thoughts please.

Robert

MG TF Suspension Arms - Update 3 years 7 months ago #194177

......It would save a lot of time if the longitudinal member has an inspection cut into it near to the nut on the upper arm shaft. I do not think the member is structual (but could be wrong)......

It isn't structural as such but offers strength in the event of a crash.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

MG TF Suspension Arms - Update 3 years 7 months ago #194195

In the event of a serious incident Police crash investigators may deem this cutting out to weaken it.....not to mention insurers!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT