Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

TF headlight removal 3 years 8 months ago #193872

Hello again chaps - the TF is suffering from greenitis in various places, as it lives outside.

Most of it I can take care of, but there's some in round the edges of the headlights, as below, and I can't see any way fo getting at it without removing the clusters - is this easy (without disurbing the alignment etc)?

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

TF headlight removal 3 years 8 months ago #193873

I am about to remove the headlights from my TF to fit some DRLs. The How-To for fitting halo DRLs covers the removal of the headlights.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hogweed

TF headlight removal 3 years 8 months ago #193874

It should be fairly easy but the bumper has to come off. Adjustment of the headlights is via bits you do not really need to touch so if you put them back in the same place (!) they hopefully won't need adjustment.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hogweed

TF headlight removal 3 years 8 months ago #193875

• Bertl
  • in the middle of the midlife crisis
Great find Bruce! :broon:

Just in this moment I was looking for this how-to, you beat me.
as ever,
Rob
http://www.reliant-scimitar.weebly.com/

TF headlight removal 3 years 8 months ago #193883

If you remove the bumper, you should be able to get at the headlights to clean them while they are still on the car.
Alignment is easy if you take them off...just shine the lights onto a wall and mark the positions with chalk. Make sure the lights shine in the same area when put back on the car.
I just kinda guessed mine last time they were out by shining them on the hedge in front of my house and give a estimated setting of where the beam should be. MOT tester said I got it bang on when I had the car tested last month. I now have a good mental idea of where they should be.
If they are out, its easy enough to adjust and most decent MOT guys will probably set them FOC when testing the car. Some even do it for the hell of it so they have something extra to put on the document. Looks bad if every car that day passes with no ailments...

Sundance

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT