Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

auto glass windscreen replacement 3 years 9 months ago #193730

Hi just a quick question anyone else had auto glass replacement windscreen that doesn't quiet fit at the top corners. The screen is fitted correctly and sealed but it looks like the shape of the screen is incorrect just wondered if anyone else had this problem

Please Log in to join the conversation.

auto glass windscreen replacement 3 years 9 months ago #193731

My windscreen is also like that, was already on when I bought the car 5 years ago, but you can tell its not an original MG windscreen as the logo is missing. I have heard someone else complaining that aftermarket windscreens do not fit exactly.

Sundance

auto glass windscreen replacement 3 years 9 months ago #193734

Thanks the guy that fitted it sort of explained it. He said the screen hasn't got the correct shape. I wondered if he spinning me a line. On the good side a found a dead short that was giving me some grief a couple of months ago and cleared its self. I found one of the mirror cables trapped behind a clip on the window trim. Bonus

auto glass windscreen replacement 3 years 9 months ago #193740

I've heard this about after market screens. The up side is Rimmer Brothers sell OE screens , the down side of this is the cost ! 😨

auto glass windscreen replacement 3 years 9 months ago #193743

The downside is the cost but there is also that nagging feeling that something isn't right...I would like to see a pic of the none original glass.

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

auto glass windscreen replacement 3 years 9 months ago #193748

Surely if it doesnt fit correctly, demand it is replaced with one that does.

If it is through insurance, reject the work, and advise the insurance company.

Winscreen glass is a safety critical component, and should fit correctly.

auto glass windscreen replacement 3 years 9 months ago #193757

Attachments:

auto glass windscreen replacement 3 years 9 months ago #193761

Wo...no way would I like that!
I'm glad I've seen this post because if my screen goes I want a good fitting screen.the original mg glass is made by pilkington
I've been reading comments on a forum about autoglas....one unhappy customer took is 14month old BMW to a BMW dealership for there opinion on a poorly fitting screen has autoglas had blamed the trim panel ......BMW told the customer there was nothing wrong with the glass and nothing wrong with the trim...it was a case of the screen being poorly fitted into the frame.others blame autoglas of using cheap maybe Chinese reproduction poor quality glass without the original shape

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

auto glass windscreen replacement 3 years 9 months ago #193769

Just checked its pilkington glass and it seems to fit in the middle but flares at the edges bizzare

auto glass windscreen replacement 3 years 9 months ago #193773

Attachments:

auto glass windscreen replacement 10 months 4 weeks ago #202322

Thought I would share my recent experience of having a new windscreen fitted. This was in the Netherlands, through a company called Carglass.

Their first attempt had similarly not fitting top corners as seen on Phils pictures above. At first they tried to brush me off with various excuses such as poorly fitting aftermarket screens and OEM no longer being available. But after I filed a complaint at their head office, their attitude changed. They tried again, and this time the result was pretty good. The guys that worked on it said that they used tension straps to prevent the screen from sagging down, and they waited longer for the glue to dry. And just to be clear: this nice result was still with an aftermarket screen.

So just a heads up if you are in a similar situation: better make sure that the guy that will do the fitting knows he needs to use tension straps and give the glue extra time to dry.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Airportable

Last edit: Post by j0ris.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT