Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Immobiliser Bypass 3 years 10 months ago #193491

Hi All
My MGTF is in the garage at the moment, being repaired. However, every time they try to turn the car over, it turns over twice, and the immobiliser light kicks in on the dashboard and shuts it down. Once the keypad button is pressed it can then be restarted, but repeats the same process. I have the original type keys with the black fob.I am not sure what the options are for me. Can this be bypassed/disabled, if so does anyone know what the steps required are, so I can then inform my mechanic/technician, or if anyone knows anyone in the Milton Keynes area that can do this. Are there any other options available?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Immobiliser Bypass 3 years 10 months ago #193494

What shape is the fob?

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Immobiliser Bypass 3 years 10 months ago #193502

It has the Lucas Immobiliser, with the round black fobs, the car is a 2002

Immobiliser Bypass 3 years 10 months ago #193505

Lucas are sort of rectangular with rounded edges.
Pektron are round.
2002 is close to cross over.

Are yours round Pektron or rectangular Lucas?

Immobiliser Bypass 3 years 4 months ago #194745

Hi, was there an answer to this? I am trying to sort out a friend's mgf immobiser following a flat battery... square type key fob.

Immobiliser Bypass 3 years 4 months ago #194753

In what way are you trying to sort it?

Immobiliser Bypass 3 years 4 months ago #194762

Hi, my mame is Daniel. I live in Querétaro México. They stole my keys. I have a second key but not a second control. Why can I do?

I find I page to pay for a EKA code but whats is Registration Number? Can you help me?
Attachments:

Immobiliser Bypass 3 years 4 months ago #194766

The vehicle registration number is the number plate on the outside of the car (ie the 2 plates you have - front and back) ie https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Vehicle_registration_plates_of_Mexico . I am not sure it will work if the car is registered in Mexico as it could be just for UK reg cars. Have you tried just using the VIN number with and without your Mexican number plate?

You should emaîl them at https://www.radiocodes.co.uk/contact-and-about-us if unsure. The vin number should be enough. You should also buy a 2 fobs (ie 'controls'), the second fob being a spare in case you lose the first. There are 2 different FOBS, depending on the age of your car.. The fobs will need to be programmed to the car..

Last edit: Post by julianfoulger.

Immobiliser Bypass 3 years 4 months ago #194767

Hola Daniel, Definitely try radiocodes' chat or send them a message about your question.

If that site can't help you, the pscan diagnostic tool can find the EKA tool for you and is also helpful in trouble shooting problems. https://pscan.uk/

Mark
Ontario, Canada
Mark
95 MGF

Immobiliser Bypass 3 years 4 months ago #194779

Hi Daniel

In your situation I would consider buying a www.pscan.uk to access your alarm ECU and a couple of "fobs" to program in.
The pscan will also let you access the EKA code.

Alternately have a look at www.technozen-electronics.co.uk

Last edit: Post by talkingcars.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT