Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

TF alarm question 3 years 11 months ago #192824

Hi,
I am new to this forum and I have a question regarding the alarm in my TF.
I bought the car last august and I dont fully understand how the alarm works.
Can I disable the alarm completely when I store the car over winter or when I am on the ferry to main Sweden. I am not allowed to have the alarm on when the car is on the ferry.
The alarm is also on efter a while when the car is parked but not locked, is this correct?

Regards
Bertil in SWEDEN

Please Log in to join the conversation.

TF alarm question 3 years 11 months ago #192827

The alarm system has several sections.

When you unlock the car with the fob you unlock the doors, switch off the alarm and switch of the starter immobilisation.

The car will remain unlocked and unarmed in some versions while other versions may relock the car and reset the alarm if a door isn't opened. The immobiliser normally switches off when the alarm is switched off but some models have a transponder in the fob that needs to be close to the ignition barrel to switch off the immobiliser.

Also the immobiliser will switch back on after the engine has been run.
The flashing light by the speedo shows that the immobiliser is in operation and the engine can not be started.

There are two main triggers for the alarm, voltage sensing primarily triggered by opening a door or the bonnet and in some cases a microwave sensor fitted behind the t bar in some models.

To avoid the alarm sounding but to otherwise secure the car lock it with the key in the key hole in the door, this will lock the doors and activate the immobiliser but will not set the voltage trigger or the microwave sensor. This should work on a ferry and I believe should apply to any car with remote locking.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cairnsys, pgew

TF alarm question 3 years 11 months ago #192830

Thanks a lot!
I will try this when I take the car out of storage and I hope this can happen soon evenif it isstill cold and we see some snow showers now and then.
Regards
Bertil
The following user(s) said Thank You: talkingcars

TF alarm question 3 years 11 months ago #192842

Hi . Talkingcars is correct and that is how I leave my TF on a ferry and have had no problems over the last dozen or so trips to France .
John

TF alarm question 3 years 11 months ago #192843

Thank you both for your help!
Stay safe in corona ties!
Regards
Bertil
The following user(s) said Thank You: talkingcars

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT