Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

MGTF front bumper badge 4 years 4 weeks ago #192766

Hi I'm in the process of renovating 2009 MGTF which was produced just after the LE500 launch edition. I recently purchased one from Rimmer Bros part number DAB 000160 but the one on my car is about 20mm bigger across the flats. Looks like I'm going to struggle anybody found a supplier for these badges?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

MGTF front bumper badge 4 years 4 weeks ago #192770

Did you speak to Rimmers, they can be quite good with things like this.

Also look at Brown and Gammons and speak to DMGRS who seem to be able to get stuff for the LE500.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

MGTF front bumper badge 4 years 4 weeks ago #192774

Thanks Rimmer Bros are saying they can't help. Spoke to MG mania today and they say they have a black on Chrome badge, think he said it was 92mm across instead of the normal 70mm. I'd prefer the burgundy on cream thou. I'll try your recommendation as well thanks.

MGTF front bumper badge 4 years 4 weeks ago #192778

On ebay, you can also get vinyl inserts to fit your original badge. Usually available in many colours. :shrug:
David
:shrug:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

MGTF front bumper badge 4 years 4 weeks ago #192779

On ebay, you can also get vinyl inserts to fit your original badge. Usually available in many colours. :shrug:

I bought a badge insert. http://mgmanialtd.com/index.php?id_category=83&controller=categoryMGMania does quite a range . The one I bought looks good.
Attachments:

MGTF front bumper badge 4 years 4 weeks ago #192781

Pretty impressive badge David. I spoke to MG mania they only now have silver and black. He mentioned putting an insert into the existing cover. I can understand putting spittle heat onto the badge to remove it from the bumper but how easy is it to split the badge to allow the insert to be fitted?

MGTF front bumper badge 4 years 3 weeks ago #192788

I just re-read your original message and it seems to imply that you need the whole badge. I would try contacting MGFNTFBITZ who seem to have an enormous stock of new and 2nd hand parts. They may have a decent 2nd hand badge.

My original badge had a good chrome surround but it had seriously delaminated. The paint underneath was peeling away. I just scraped all the loose stuff off, gave it a wipe with meths, and stuck on the insert. If you examine it, it can be seen that it is not the original but you have to look pretty closely.

MGTF front bumper badge 4 years 3 weeks ago #192791

The outer cover of the badge and the chrome surround are ok. I have a grotty green MG where as the one on the boot is a nice burgundy on cream. I didn't realise you could get inserts for the badges. I'll apply a bit of gentle heat and get the badge off and see about getting a new insert. Thanks for your replies.

MGTF front bumper badge 4 years 3 weeks ago #192826

I bought inserts for my tf ...at the time I chose to renew I just didn't want to pay the money they were asking for new badges or should I say old stock....so on went the sticker inserts and never really thought about them again....although I know those original ones are the best....

MGTF front bumper badge 4 years 3 weeks ago #192831

The original badge inserts are really tricky to remove from the housing without damaging the finish of the bezel. In the end I just stuck my replacement insert on top of the old faded one. You can hardly tell the difference.

Sundance

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT