• Page:

Topic

Toyo TR1 tyres - my opinion. 4 years 2 months ago #192529

• SundanceUK's Avatar Topic Author
  • SundanceUK
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer
  • MG TF 160 owner in Staffordshire
Just a brief comment on the new Toyo TR1 tyres I have recently fitted on my TF (16 inch wheels).

Previously I found a bit of wander on the Falken 914's that I had fitted before I replaced them with the new tread pattern TR1 Toyos. That has completely disappeared with the new Toyo treads. The Falkens were good in the wet and dry but the slight wandering did get me thinking that I may have had an issue with the car....

I replaced the rears first and last week I had the fronts changed over so I had a full set.

When I had the tyres fitted, I inspected the sidewall on them and found it to be extremely substantial, much improved on the T1-R tyres that the new TR1's replaced.

I have just completed the FRL 2020 run, travelling down from Staffordshire, driving around the M25 and returning back up the M1 and M6 all during the extreme conditions of storm Denis.

The new Toyo tyres performed absolutely fantastic with superb road holding and stability, even with the excessive surface water experienced over the last couple of days. I have total confidence in the wet and dry performance of these tyres, much better than the Falkens and a mile better than the old pattern T1-R Toyo tyres.

I can fully recommend these tyres on the 16 inch wheels. In 16 years of TF driving, these are the best tyres I have driven on.

Sundance
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bob, cairnsys

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Toyo TR1 tyres - my opinion. 4 years 2 months ago #192530

Thanks for the review - I need some tyres as I am currently on the Pirelli P6000 my car came with, one of few tyres actually recommended not use on the F, they only went back on as my old tyres were knackered from lack of use for 2 years while I did the subframes.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Toyo TR1 tyres - my opinion. 4 years 2 months ago #192533

Thanks for the review Sundance.
I'm pretty sure these are what I will get next for my car. There's still some life in my proxes 4's, but they are eight years old now so I should probably swap them.
I know it's a bit sad but could you post a couple of pictures of them on the car. I'm not sure if the non symmetrical pattern might fry my brain :lol:

Last edit: Post by Bob.

Toyo TR1 tyres - my opinion. 4 years 1 month ago #192652

• Page:
Time to create page: 1.338 seconds