Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Water Leaks on passenger side window 4 years 2 months ago #192520

Hi
Having sorted the leak through the snorkel on the bulkhead I noticed wet under the passenger carpet. Stripped it out and dried then decided to look closer at the window and noticed that the glass edge against the top of the windscreen pillar seal was showing.(Passenger side only) I checked all the advise on the forums and then decided to strip out the window gear and clean and regrease. All is working much smoother now but still leaking water especially during this bad weather in the westcountry. It looks to me that the seal at the top corner is too short and the glass is not sitting into the rubber. I have attached a photo, best I could showing the problem. Wondering if any one has adjusted this corner to seal correctly, by perhaps cutting and inserting extra rubber or am I faced with fitting a new seal!!! Ugh!!!
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by MG Fan. Reason: Sorry attached 2 photos

Water Leaks on passenger side window 4 years 2 months ago #192522

You can adjust the window and move it up into the seal. Also some of the seals can be packed with plastic tubing. I have done both of these with my car and it does work. There is an excellent how to by Clive on window adjustment, I found it to be a little tricky at first but once figured out it's pretty easy to do.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cairnsys, sworkscooper

Last edit: Post by Bob.

Water Leaks on passenger side window 4 years 2 months ago #192528

Thanks Bob for your help. I think the ingress has reduced after adjusting the glass but noticed water along the inside of the bottom door seal. Where did you put the tubing. Just behind the cheater?
Brian

Water Leaks on passenger side window 4 years 2 months ago #192534

I have put some there and also in the hollow part/hole in the seal at the top.
I tried different lengths and thickness of pipe till I stopped the leak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MG Fan

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT