Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Re:Tired of Tyres? 4 years 2 months ago #192466

Looked on the UK websites for Hangkook and they don't show the fronts for 16" and the correct aspect.

I am biting the bullet and going with Falken. (5 New tyres because you can't get the unidirectional tyres)

Websites for tyres appear hopeless for information. I can't work out if they are driven by stock availability or something else.

I have been on several (and the importers website) and you put in the vehicle, get Falkens on the rear, all well and good. Then search for the front and get completely different suggestions. Which I know that Falken do the correct sizes, but the returns don't show it...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Tired of Tyres? 4 years 2 months ago #192550

I have now replaced all four tyres with falkens. I have to say that the rumbling I could hear from the rear.....I was suspecting a grumbling bearing...….has ceased. This I now suspect was the wearing of the Nankang tyres or a flat spot.
So falkens performing good.
One thing I did find out some complete knob had used an air gun to do up the nuts on a rear wheel an cross threaded the stud....The fitter thought I was weird insisting that I changed the wheels an didn't use an air gun. He understood when I asked him for a tap for the nut as I couldn't get the thing back on....
Thanks for all your input.

Tired of Tyres? 4 years 1 month ago #192688

My front pair are getting rather old (Avon ZZ3, no longer available alas), and I've got a slow leak in one of the Falkens on the rear, so I'm thinking about replacements all round. I avoid going out unless the weather is half decent, and I try to manage a track day once a year. At the moment I'm thinking of going for Nankang RS2R 205/45 R16 87W. They're a reasonably sensible price, get generally good write-ups and being a fairly recent version shouldn't be too old coming out of stock. Has anyone used this size in any brand?

Tired of Tyres? 4 years 1 month ago #192696

I had ZZ3s on my ZS180.
We have Avon ZZ5s on my wifes ZR160, very good value for money.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT