Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Dollies. 4 years 3 months ago #192173

Fitted the wheel dollies or roller skates as I call them to push the car has close to the garage wall has possible....it is a doddle to move the mg about once the dollies are fitted..and the garage is useble again for other tasks without moving the car outside...the tf is a very light car and the dollies are not stressed at all..I used to move series land rovers around the workshop on them...it was like dancing on Ice...the dollies are wide enough for you to position them sticking out proud so the dolly touches the wall before your car does...
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: cairnsys, Bertl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by talkingcars.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 4 years 3 months ago #192209

I could do with some of them.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 4 years 3 months ago #192224

Good idea Mark, I watched the JCB demo team move the fastrac that Guy Martin did his speed record run in at work, they just put it on these similar dollies and pushed the whole tractor down an aisle just outside our maintenance workshop, it just took 4 guys to push it! So they definitely work!

Sundance

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 4 years 3 months ago #192264

I made some before but they were marking the garage floor.and were hard to push..I was in the garage before Christmas and thought hey I will get some decent ones ...located some within 7 miles power of the net....and the other day.I got out the welder to make some dollies to use has general purpose has site tool shifters and garage helpers...I'm thinking that this unfinished prototype I've created will go under body to move cars with wheels off..heavy duty castors with 100mm wheels for easy shifting.project dolly below

I bet that fast trac was a marvel to see.
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 4 years 3 months ago #192266

It is a special bit of work that JCB did, it looks amazing in the flesh. We are privvy to a few of JCB's special projects such as the JCB GT, a backhoe with a V8 Chevrolet engine that pops wheelies, they sometimes practice driving it outside our workshop...

Also seen some really amazing one offs for the military and even the police, such as two backhoes in military spec with police blue livery, blue lights and full anti terrorist gear and crowd dispersal equipment. They commissioned them for the London Olympic games. https://www.flickr.com/photos/110046047@N08/14426158619

They are also bringing out a new range of EV diggers and handlers, all electric.

Sundance

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 4 years 3 months ago #192267

Wow that crowd dispersal JCB...that must be more scary than a t rex....the JCB below is used by the met for route clearence.
Attachments:

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 4 years 3 months ago #192269

Yeah thats one of them! got some serious hardware integrated into it, some of the military projects are also fascinating, like the high speed armoured plated backhoes which are IED proof and the low riding telehandlers designed for aircraft carriers and are about 2/3 the height of a normal one. Here is a clip of the HMEE or high speed military spec backhoe.

Sundance

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 4 years 3 months ago #192270

….....I'm thinking that this unfinished prototype I've created will go under body to move cars with wheels off..heavy duty castors with 100mm wheels for easy shifting.project dolly below...…..

Neat work but I'd be worried that because of its small foot print it won't be that stable with a whole car on it. It'll be fine on one corner or even one end.

Last edit: Post by talkingcars.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 4 years 3 months ago #192275

….....I'm thinking that this unfinished prototype I've created will go under body to move cars with wheels off..heavy duty castors with 100mm wheels for easy shifting.project dolly below...…..

Neat work but I'd be worried that because of its small foot print it won't be that stable with a hole car on it. It'll be fine on one corner or even one end.

Yes I understand your concern of weight..but this project dolly is for one corner only...I plan to make one more..which will if I want I can put one either side of the tf...each wheel is 600kg rated so 8 wheels on the rear or 8 wheels on the front should be enough...100mm plus off the ground im not planning to be underneath...it's just for moving the car from one side of the garage to the other...the guy I bought my dollies from only had 2 for moving is boat trailer...so hence me making 2 more...having the 100mm wheels are over the top..it means jacking the car higher toposition them...I use the word prototype has I may may make another...the one shown was just a afternoon.project which I can improve on...being a DeWalt fanatic...I may also make one to skate around my fetish of t stak tools ...like these for when I go around country on site..

...the t stak tools i have has a dewalt dolly.i bought ...but having your own welder and a bit of time .makes it more bespoke...the dollies I make and my welding expertise won't move a JCB but are engineered enough to take a little tf in my garage
DeWalt dolly below...I

My project if not used in th garage will be engineered to be used else where.

Dolly I built has four 600kg rated wheels and heavy box construction frame .unfinished
Attachments:

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 4 years 3 months ago #192277

...Yes I understand your concern of weight..

It wasn't the weight, it was the balance as I thought the plan was to place 1 dolly centrally under the car. I would imagine that it would have to be absolutely perfectly well placed for the car to be balanced and even then it would take very little to off balance it. But if you plan more it isn't an issue.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 4 years 3 months ago #192278

My plan was to engineer a dolly which could be used for more than one purpose...after the TFS hybernation had ended the wheel dollies I bought don't serve any other purpose I plan to make a wheel dolly that is adaptable..that can go under the wheel for purposes of shifting the car fo more garage space and move the car with 2 corner wheels removed like when working on brakes..not a issue outside but in a small garage the scenario arises when the dollies become a handy tool..also the dollies for sale require you to push and pull from the body work...mine will have a purpose built handle to comfortably shift about...and be able to move site equipment.garden hardware...just got to think of the best multipurpose design before I make another or start again and make a a custom 2..if I was going to move the car completely wheel less I would have 1 in each corner..nice to know you can shift a car blocking the drive innit...but I would rather use that met JCB and crunch the bugger..endless thoughts here you could use the JCB to rip out a cash machine and use my dolly to wheel the machine home.
Attachments:

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 4 years 3 months ago #192282

Today I was given 6 wheel dollies for free...got a family of them now.

Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT