• Page:

Topic

Car preservation package 4 years 4 months ago #192033

• SundanceUK's Avatar Topic Author
  • SundanceUK
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer
  • MG TF 160 owner in Staffordshire
Just got my TF back from Darren Hardy and the crew at MGFnTFBITZ who had Shadow in for one of their underside preservation treatment packages.
I have treated the subframes before, but the stuff I put on only lasted a couple of years, so I had the works done, both subframes treated, powder coated undertray and cross brace and both anti roll bars with new brackets and polybushes, new silencer heatshield and rust treatment of all the underbody parts. Also a new cat fitted as the old one virtually disintegrated and a few other bits and bobs while they had it on the ramps such as brake lines and clutch pipe cleaned and proofed. Stainless steel fastenings where possible all round. Also a good waxoyl in those inaccessible areas inside the bodyshell.
Well pleased with the results hopefully will keep Shadow on the road for a few more years to come and stop the dreaded tinworm from claiming another victim!

Sundance

And this pic cos I just like it!

The following user(s) said Thank You: mowog73, sworkscooper, El gordo escoces

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Car preservation package 4 years 4 months ago #192035

Looks good Sundance!
Mark
95 MGF

Car preservation package 4 years 4 months ago #192036

Looks like an excellent job!:broon:
David
:shrug:

Car preservation package 4 years 4 months ago #192037

How much did you pay for?

Car preservation package 4 years 4 months ago #192038

Wow! Beautiful job! You must be delighted.

Car preservation package 4 years 4 months ago #192044

• SundanceUK's Avatar Topic Author
  • SundanceUK
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer
  • MG TF 160 owner in Staffordshire
Obviously prices differ from car to car and what you have done and which parts you need to be fitted, or indeed choose to replace.
Expect to pay anywhere between £400 and £600 however I had quite a few new parts fitted and some other work done while it was on the ramp. The new Cat and heatshield were nearly £180 on their own. I think the powder coated bits were another £200. I also had a rear upper arm replaced on the suspension and gaiters fitted to the gear change crank.
All jobs I could have done, but while they had it on the ramps and because its a bit wet and cold outside, I dont mind paying their reasonable fees for doing these extra jobs.

Sundance

Car preservation package 4 years 4 months ago #192053

Nice job, sounds like good value for money too

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT